Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The old commie is gone

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1159 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 468

The only Dylan song I can tolerate.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:46 PM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I agree with Skynard regarding Neal Young, the Soulthern man don't need him around.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:04 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1431 Times on 996 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
No hard feelings. That said, I never questioned your service. Nor did I challenge your commitments. This forum has once more taken on the "PC" venue. It seems you must agree with one small vocal group our move to another forum on the web. There are many who have left.
You are not going anywhere.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:04 PM   #94
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6744 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
The only Dylan song I can tolerate.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DXW2Bf5dNCc
I wish I could like that post twice.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #95
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
I hope you reconsider. Your posts elevate this forum. If you want to be liked by all, turn into a $100 bill.

P.S. I can't stand Bob Dylan.
I think you're a communist!!

Some would be pissed it wasn't a $1,000 bill.
Mercator Likes This 
Old 01-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
You are not going anywhere.
Some leave and come back reincarnated.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:12 AM   #97
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 479 Times on 294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I know many who protested the war in the 60's, including me. Never, EVER........not once......did I or anyone I know spit on or insult our troops returning home. My heart went out to them because many of those who served and spent time in Vietnam sure as hell didn't want to be there. All 'liberals' shouldn't be defined as if they were one person. My political leanings have changed since my teen years. I am not the same person I was 45 years ago. Who is? I was very anti-gun for most of my life and look at me now. Proud owner of 5 firearms, avid shooter, and loving every minute of throwing lead down range. I STILL hate the Vietnam war......oops, conflict. And I still have a very special place in my heart for the Vietnam veterans. And I've been to The Wall in D.C. and I cried. And I took a rubbing of the soldier who's name is on my POW/MIA bracelet. And I cried when I saw who were obviously Vietnam Veterans there at The Wall.

Pete Seeger caused no harm to this country. His politics may not have been the same as anyone else's here. But what damage did he do? Who did he hurt? You can't lump him in with Jane Fonda. She is the only one responsible for her actions. Maybe they were both liberals. Maybe they were both Pacifists, but you can't blame one person for another's actions. That's like saying all gun owners are macho *******s who want to feel like big men because they carry guns. There certainly are some like that but would you like to be lumped in with those idiots?

This post is waaay more political than I have ever been on this forum. And I could tell you I doubt I will ever be this open again. Because I know I'm going to get my ass kicked and I know I'm going to be put on many members '**** list' but the interesting thing is, those who do that may very well have liked me up until this post. And what's even more interesting is, I'm still the same person I was BEFORE you read this post about my feelings about the 60's and the how I felt about the Vietnam war. I have never been disrespectful to any veteran because I know they have done a job I would never be mentally strong enough to do. God bless them all.

So how does this work? One minute your holding a sign calling them names and such, the next your telling them welcome home and thank you for a job well done.
I don't buy it, I always knew you were a protester from some of the comments you have made in other post. But I could never really knew for sure now I do. And I have no respect for you or any other person that was or is.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

nitestalker Likes This 
Old 01-31-2014, 02:53 AM   #98

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

"Forget Hell" He did not hurt the country? He certainly hurt a lot of people who defended it.

Last edited by nitestalker; 01-31-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:34 AM   #99
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
So how does this work? One minute your holding a sign calling them names and such, the next your telling them welcome home and thank you for a job well done.
I don't buy it, I always knew you were a protester from some of the comments you have made in other post. But I could never really knew for sure now I do. And I have no respect for you or any other person that was or is.
You don't understand. I wanted the troops brought home. I wanted the war ended. I never called any military personnel any names. You simply don't understand it wasn't the troops I was mad it, it was the government that sent our men and women to Vietnam to fight the war. Get it through your head......I never called anyone any names. Where do you ever get the impression I was holding any signs calling anyone names. Please read my posts again. I protested the war....not the soldiers who were sent to that war. How is that so difficult to understand? I'm done arguing this. Most understood my post and what I was saying. I don't think you will understand I opposed the war...not the warriors. Because you don't want to understand.....or maybe you simply can't understand.

No hard feelings. I know where my thoughts and my heart lie. Any Vietnam veteran who knows me understands how I feel about the Vietnam war and the veterans.

I'm done here.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 01-31-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #100
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Hey, Winds. Did you know that Ronald Regan had to testify before the House Un-American Activities Committee? So did Walt Disney. Stinkin' Commies!
This post will go largely ignored, I'm sure.

Closed Thread