Here is a little Bull Riding Humor!
I can not say that I have ever ridden a real bull! However, I once had a great Palomino Quarter Horse I use to rope off of. I am like Possum, the closest I ever came to a real bull was at the Rodeos I have attended and a good steak!
I did ride the Electronic Bull at Gilley's Kind of like I did stay at a Hiliday Inn last night
(and as chicken as it sounds it made good sense to ride that bull.
1. It was not Fu Manchu
2. It was not going to hunt me down if got thrown off or got off.
3. It was a blast " For a While
4. There was a pad to dampen the fall if I was thrown!
5. And there was a lot of good looking cowgirls riding it also
But I did learn something about Bull Riding! At least on the Electric Bull!
1. You can not hear the mechanics change directions since they are electicaly controlled
2. Do not give the operator S*** about the girls holding on with both hands and advise him real bull riders only use one hand. *You then get selected to demonstrate!
3. Do not drink 6 Ice House Beers before riding the bull
4. Do not think you have the beast mastered and holler down at the operator Hey "Fred" is this all this bull has? *Wrong Question!
The Bull became a supersonic electronic bull.
Next thing I know is my right arm is now seemingly at least streched a foot longer than my free arm while hanging on for dear life.
My butt now two and a half feet out of the saddle but my arm is still holding on. (Girlfriend took pictures!) Followed by finally looking down, what looked like eight feet in the air above the bulls back loosing grip finally. I recall thinking "This Is Going To Hurt"!!! And it did! Peeled to skin off my shin when I landed sideways on top of the bull on my way down!
Crawling and limping out of the pit a few more Ice House beers took care of the pain until I got home.
So no more even electronic bull rides for the so called expert bull rider!
My hats off to the guys who do ride the Fu Manchus on the circuits! Love the Rodeos and the thrill of the real Bull Riders and also the Roping events.