Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > OK this is stupid but alarming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Default OK this is stupid but alarming

As some of you know I work in an elementry school (Scarry they let me around kids). But our princapal and Nurse sent an email out about this new thing kids are doing. It is called salt and ice burns. This is where dumb child #1 lays down and dumb child #2 and #3 place a pile of regular table salt on the bare skin and then procede to press an ice cube on to the salt untill it causes 2nd or 3rd degree burns on the skin. The whole time all 6 of the dumb children are laughing and cussing like sailors. Now you notice I said 6 dumb children in all #4 is filming and #5 and #6 are just in the background waiting their turn to get burned.

We have had 5 or 6 reported cases of these burns in my school. We have 785 students in my school in 6 grades that is aprox 130 students per grade.

You can look on youtube at these wonderful videos.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

we learned about that in science class in hi skool, our teacher had us try it out for a science experiment for extra credit if any one had the guts to try it. not too many people did. my skool was pretty cool, they let us watch alot of controversal films like american history x, schindlers list, the kennedy assasination and a few others

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 12-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #3

thats old news
we do that at lunch at my school

Old 12-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

cpt, you failed to mention what your function is at the school; I gather it is not teaching?

For kids to inflict, and desire to accept, pain in the fashion described indicates the depraved depths to which our young folks have sunken.

I suppose it is fortunate they have not found a source for dry ice?

BTW, overall, what was the point being made by your post?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Ah yes, the future leaders of our formerly Great Nation - nothing makes me want to Ex-Pat stronger....

JD

Old 12-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Ah yes, the future leaders of our formerly Great Nation - nothing makes me want to Ex-Pat stronger....

JD
Ain't nowhere to go!

9x18=Makarov

Old 12-17-2008, 11:42 PM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctholl53 View Post
thats old news
we do that at lunch at my school
If you look at this cupeled with many other videos on you-tube and other places just goes to show you that kids today are so dam dumb it is not funny. I mean who sticks a bottle rocket up his ares the lights it and thinks it is going to shoot out of his ares hole? Or how many times have you thought it would be funny to get kicked in the nuts or kick your friend in the nuts?

To see what is going to happen to us I point you to this movie.

Last edited by cpttango30; 12-17-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:04 AM   #8

Hmm. Part of me wants to say that to some extent this is just guys being guys. When I was in school, we had the so-called "Sissy Test": ie, See how long you could let someone rub a pencil eraser really hard into your skin.

Then again, we can see how well my generation (I'm 30) has turned out. Which is to say, not all that great, imho.

The guys in these videos look like high school kids. ie, Strikes me as more or less a little harmless, testosterone-fueled rite of passage.

However, I do find it a bit odd that elementary school kids would be doing this - but then, that was the same age I got introduced to the "Sissy Test".

Whatever the case, we probably will end up living in "Idiocracy".

Last edited by Jedi Knight; 12-20-2008 at 01:06 AM.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

everything is getting younger.... drugs, teen pregnancy, suicide, homicide..and the list goes on and on and on. i truley am scared of what its gunna be like when my little girl gets older. this is where good parenting goes out the window and great parenting comes in. the problem is kids dont get the same punishment some of us got when we were kids, they know that if mommy and daddy spank them the can tell someone and social services come knocking on your door to arrest you, its a damn shame.

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 12-21-2008, 02:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
everything is getting younger.... drugs, teen pregnancy, suicide, homicide..and the list goes on and on and on. i truley am scared of what its gunna be like when my little girl gets older. this is where good parenting goes out the window and great parenting comes in. the problem is kids dont get the same punishment some of us got when we were kids, they know that if mommy and daddy spank them the can tell someone and social services come knocking on your door to arrest you, its a damn shame.
Does that mean you've never spanked your daughter?

Not trying to pry, just curious.