Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > OK soccer people of FTF....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default OK soccer people of FTF....

I need some dribbling drills.

First practice tomorrow and I am starting with dribbling.

I have dribbling through gates 1v1

I need one or two more 1v1 or 1+1

And some small sided games.

Any help would be great.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What age group? How skilled are the kids?

This will sound stupid but you can never hurt them buy having them juggle for 5-10 minutes. It teaches them to have a good first touch which is required if you ever want to move the ball around the way good soccer should be played.

Another thing you might think about incorporating is how using different areas of your feet will affect how the ball travels. The inside of the first allows the most control and is the easiest to learn but doesn't offer much in the way of power and distance.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Last edited by spittinfire; 03-20-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #3

U14 girls we have first time players to very skilled players.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #4

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Here's a few drills I used,
1. Laps - dribble/pass ball while jogging
2. Circle - approx 10-12yrds in diameter, quick passing, 1 touch
3. Lines - opposing lines, quick pass, 1 touch
4. Lines - trap and go, quick pass, trap, dribble and pass

At all times the focus should be on control. Soccer is a game of control not booming kicks up and down the field.

One of the best things to teach them is to dribble a ball at all times. Another good technique to teach is to use their weak foot, this helps them balance their footwork.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1168 Times on 571 Posts
Likes Given: 72

You can intorduce dribbling allowing only the inside, outside of sole of the foot. Outside is a good tactic for sprint dribbling up the field, inside and sole of the foot are more controlled movements to set up passing, shooting or control in a small area.

Circle tag is a good dribbling game 1 v 1. Set up a circle or two, start one player going around the circle dribbleing the ball, wait about a quarter to a half the circle and send another player after her to take the ball. Gives the player with the ball a skill of dribbling in a turn while under pressure.

Cones set up in a row, preferably several rows. Keep players dribbling through the cones, touching the ball and sending it to themselves between two cones. At the end of the row of cones, turn and sprint back with the ball under control. Just keep having them go through the cones for several cycles. While waiting their turn they can work on juggling, or just quickley putting the ball back and forth between their own feet.

For a scrimmage, a small sided game with the goals being the width of whatever pitch you are using. To score the player with the ball has to touch it on both sides of the goal line before a defender can touch it.

Good luck and lines are death!

Old 03-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #6

OK there is the first practice....

I try to not have lines. Because I remember standing in line and if your standing in line your not learning anything.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kt5xJuhhprpfLWWzOz2TXPR5e7VFeLxb0fDUMjNDvJU/edit?hl=en&authkey=CNLzl4oO

Last edited by cpttango30; 03-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Looks good to me, tango.

I would make one alteration. Change your 3 touch rule from you must make 3 touches before passing to they can only touch the ball 3 times before passing. If the 3rd touch is not a pass they cannot touch it and if they do the other team gets the ball. They can use their body to shield the ball from the opposing team so their teammate can try to come and get it but they cannot touch it.

That change will do a couple of things.
1. It forces them to keep their heads up and know where their teammates are. (This is extremely hard to teach, it seems like some players just have it and others don't)
2. they have to think about their actions in advance, plan their attack so to speak.
3. It should force movement around the ball. IE...other players making runs to and away from the ball which will open up passing lanes and such.
4. If they do touch it 3 times and have to shield the ball they can learn how to do so correctly without drawing a foul. You don't want to teach obstruction(which is rarely called) but shielding is a good skill. You can later show them or ad in how to control the ball while shielding.

Just my $.02.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #8

Thanks for that spitty makes sense to me.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #9

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
OK there is the first practice....

I try to not have lines. Because I remember standing in line and if your standing in line your not learning anything.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kt5xJuhhprpfLWWzOz2TXPR5e7VFeLxb0fDUMjNDvJU/edit?hl=en&authkey=CNLzl4oO
Tango...I coached at U10, U12 and U14 several years ago when my kids were younger. Your biggest enemy is boredom and frustration...mix it up and always have them learning without failing. It sinks in better when they enjoy it. Good luck and have fun...

Coaching Soccer 101- Soccer Drills

Just remember the Golden Rule:

THEGOLDENCOACHING RULE
AVOID THE 3 L'S
LINES, LAPS, AND LECTURES

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 03-21-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #10

My daughters coach last year did everything in lines and none of the girls behind the 1 one would pay attention. That is why I try to keep the lines out of it. No laps just one to warm up before the dynamic stretching and a small one at cool down.