Ok this is RIDICULOUS - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ok this is RIDICULOUS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
I think this is why the death penalty is not the deterrent people think it is. Most of these guys live way longer in prison than they would have on the outside. And then when they do finally do execute them 10 or 12 years after the fact nobody but the victims remember who they are or what they did.

My solution to this is probably something we as a nation are no longer willing to do, but I will throw it out anyhow.

They get one appeal, to make sure everything was done correctly, if there are are significant problems with the trial the sentence is automatically changed to life without parole, pending the investigation of the problems. Then no more than 90 days after the sentencing if the appeal is rejected the criminal is hanged on the public square, every 9th and 10th grader in the county to attend.

This will be judged too harsh by a lot of people and probably be called child abuse too. But I think it would bring back the deterrent factor in the death penalty.
you wouldn't be judged harshly at all by me! i agree with you 100%.

and you're probably right. the death penalty is not the deterent it use to be. letal injection? they stick a needle in their arm an they go to sleep and just don't wake up. yeah, that's a deterent! hanging is a good death penalty!

Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #12
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 950 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
you wouldn't be judged harshly at all by me! i agree with you 100%.

and you're probably right. the death penalty is not the deterent it use to be. letal injection? they stick a needle in their arm an they go to sleep and just don't wake up. yeah, that's a deterent! hanging is a good death penalty!
Got to be public though or it looses the shock value that will keep future potential criminals in line.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1737 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
. . . But I think it would bring back the deterrent factor in the death penalty.
I don't think deterrence would be a factor for killers, like this one, that aren't sane.

Last edited by Vincine; 04-02-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #14

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U
I think this is why the death penalty is not the deterrent people think it is. Most of these guys live way longer in prison than they would have on the outside. And then when they do finally do execute them 10 or 12 years after the fact nobody but the victims remember who they are or what they did.

My solution to this is probably something we as a nation are no longer willing to do, but I will throw it out anyhow.

They get one appeal, to make sure everything was done correctly, if there are are significant problems with the trial the sentence is automatically changed to life without parole, pending the investigation of the problems. Then no more than 90 days after the sentencing if the appeal is rejected the criminal is hanged on the public square, every 9th and 10th grader in the county to attend.

This will be judged too harsh by a lot of people and probably be called child abuse too. But I think it would bring back the deterrent factor in the death penalty.
The only issue I have with this is 'forcing' anyone to attend, not everyone that age has the mental capacity to witness such an event and in some cases more harm then good can be done.. Especially in children, some could walk away with a new profound respect for the law of the land and some could walk away with the opposite disrespect for the law and it penalties..
Your POV is rather extreme.

Before you rip me, notice I said 'could' not 'will' I'm no psychologist..

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 328 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 64

It is not too often that I agree with the Russia of old but a guilty conviction left the criminal with about a half hour to live before they put a bullet behind his ear.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #16

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

I don't know why this surprises anyone...it's the way the liberal system is set up to work. Seems like it would be a slam dunk case, there were dozens of eyewitnesses. Pretty simple, right? Open and shut right,? Nope...

I'm sure the poor little lamb just lost his way and needs to be understood...

If John Hinkley is walking around on work/family release after shooting the President...THE FREAKIN' PRESIDENT!!!!!!...then why would they carry out justice swiftly and harshly for anyone???

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 04-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1206 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 1205

He is guilty & there is no doubt about it, I say fry him & be done with it................

When all else fails.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1879 Times on 1337 Posts
Likes Given: 2118

Default Wtf..............................

Give him to me, I promise he won't get the death penalty, but every day of his life he'll wish that he would have put a bullet in his head before he even thought about killing others.............And i won't force him to take drugs..............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I don't think deterrence would be a factor for killers, like this one, that aren't sane.
I think that issue deserves more real-world study.

Maybe we could limit the viewers to those currently incarcerated in any state, fed, or county facility for criminal containment. And nursing homes, there really isn't much on cable to keep their blood pumping good.

It might also help if such extreme cases as this idiot in Aurora, special methods of execution were used; I mean, c'mon the bears of Yellowstone aren't that far away and I've heard tourists love to see them eat.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 04-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #20
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7107 Times on 3889 Posts
Likes Given: 14380

Why can't we execute insane people? Put them in "the chair" and tell them it's a roller coaster. They're crazy, right?