Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   OK quake felt here in KS (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ok-quake-felt-here-ks-51239/)

fireguy 11-06-2011 03:37 AM

OK quake felt here in KS

My house started rattling tonight and I could feel the floor shaking. Then my son ran down the stairs asking if we felt the house shaking. He already knew that there was a 5.2 quake in Oklahoma and we were feeling the shock wave. First time for me, hope they don't get any closer. 200+ miles away.
Hope nobody sustained major damage from this.

LONGHAIR 11-06-2011 04:09 AM

They said here in St.Louis people where calling in but I didn't feel a thing watching Saturday night live......:confused:

Bigcountry02 11-06-2011 06:11 AM

Here is a news article, pulled from the Drudge Report Headline. This thing was felt as far away as Tennessee!

Record 5.6 magnitude earthquake shakes Oklahoma | NewsOK.com

texaswoodworker 11-06-2011 06:52 AM

I didn't feel anything and I'm only 30 miles south of the OK border

AcidFlashGordon 11-06-2011 09:57 AM

For those who have never spent any time in the Peoples' Яepublik of Kalifornia, any kind of ground shaking must be, if not terrifying, a scary situation. I mean, it's the Earth. It's NOT supposed to move around. Unfortunately, there are fault lines in other places besides the West coast. In fact, one of the most violent fault lines runs through the Mississippi Valley...the New Madrid fault. This fault, in 1811 and 1812, went off with so much violence that it changed the course of the Mississippi River and scared the holy Hell out of the settlers living in the area for months. Estimates of 8s and 9s on the Richter Scale are suggested for the violence of those New Madrid quakes.

LONGHAIR 11-06-2011 11:04 AM

They just had another-one at five in the morning...

CGO 11-06-2011 11:36 AM

When I lived in CA I've seen the ground rolling like waves before. Car alarms were going off in the parking lot. People were screaming like banshees and running around in circles. I've been through a few earthquakes living there. One earthquake we had I lived in a two story apartment top floor. I was pregnant and just sat down to eat. I was real hungry and pissed off because I had to get up and go brace myself in the door frame.

griffin81 11-06-2011 11:47 AM

Well the earthquake was felt here in Arkansas too. Kind of nerve racking being that there is a dam holding back a wall of water that would flood 4 towns down river from us. And wash out a lot of our town too. Hope everyone is safe and no major damage was done.

play the victim, be the victim

IGETEVEN 11-06-2011 12:27 PM

Felt the quake here in southeast Oklahoma.

Just before 2300 hrs last night, the house shook for approx 10 seconds.

Yippee-ki-yay! I was able to stay on for the full 8 seconds and then some! :D

buckhuntr 11-06-2011 11:49 PM

We felt the quake strongly here in the Tulsa area, and it was unnerving, to say the least. The whole house shook for what seemed like an eternity, and the dishes were rattling. I could do without experiencing another!