You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Ok , lets be frank here..!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7360 Times on 3814 Posts
Likes Given: 32236

Default Ok , lets be frank here..!

When I said I'd post a video , Friday , the 31 rst , I meant every word.! I was way rushed to do this cause my wife would be back from Fl. And we are not getting along.!

NOT GETTING ALONG is putting it ...(LIGHTLY).! I knew she would make things very tough , it's her I-Pad.!

I sweet talked into helping me do the video , with (HER) I-Pad and now find our it is about two hairs from impossible to post a 3 minute , 1 second video without
Be a 52% share holder in (YOUTUBE) ....!

I have been to two techs. ..! One says , to leave the (CADGET) overnight..!
Wife says , "NO WAY" .....Hmmmm....!

I am not coming back until that damn-Ed video is posted..!

why did no one tell me how hard this would be...?

THAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNKS...!
johnr1943 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

ok.. Hi everybody I'm Frank... I'm also a video illiterate.. (casts down mike and walks away with head bowed and kicking rocks....)

Become steel or get cut.
dango Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #3

Liked 1618 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

A lot of posted vids as far as the net goes has to do with format. Youtube should be converting them to FLV format but I' have seen where people trying to upload an AVI got errors. Maye changing the format would help. To be truthful though I have never uploaded a vid to YouTube. Most android phones make video in 3GP format and those seem to not have much trouble uploading to the net. I am very anti apple everything but I would think with their popularity it would not be a lot of trouble with their formats (MP4). Unless the audio is not compressed well making the file really big.

The thing with video is there are actually two things going on. You have the video in whatever the frame rate per second might be along with an audio format that can take up HUGE amounts of space depending how it was made to begin with. Some AVI video files can take up as much as a meg per second if the audio was not compressed (WAV) that si there with the video.

YouTube is not supposed to have trouble with any of the available video formats..
They say. But it's not the first time I've hears of people having problems.

I found this wikihow about posting there. Maybe it will help.
http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-a-Video-to-YouTube
dango Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1071 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
When I said I'd post a video , Friday , the 31 rst , I meant every word.! I was way rushed to do this cause my wife would be back from Fl. ...
...I am not coming back until that damn-Ed video is posted..!

why did no one tell me how hard this would be...?

THAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNKS...!

It was on a need to know basis... I had no need and you don't know!
dango Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #5

Liked 9219 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Dango, I have to say this, and a lot of people may disagree. It's Apple's fault. Nothing they create, "plays well with others".

Really, if it weren't for just the "cool factor" of their gadgets, I think they'd go out of business.

They're like the government. "Look, I know we've made your life a living hell for so long, but THIS is gonna fix it, I promise!"
People Like This 
Old 06-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8293 Times on 4265 Posts
Likes Given: 9560

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
A lot of posted vids as far as the net goes has to do with format. Youtube should be converting them to FLV format but I' have seen where people trying to upload an AVI got errors. Maye changing the format would help. To be truthful though I have never uploaded a vid to YouTube. Most android phones make video in 3GP format and those seem to not have much trouble uploading to the net. I am very anti apple everything but I would think with their popularity it would not be a lot of trouble with their formats (MP4). Unless the audio is not compressed well making the file really big.

The thing with video is there are actually two things going on. You have the video in whatever the frame rate per second might be along with an audio format that can take up HUGE amounts of space depending how it was made to begin with. Some AVI video files can take up as much as a meg per second if the audio was not compressed (WAV) that si there with the video.

YouTube is not supposed to have trouble with any of the available video formats..
They say. But it's not the first time I've hears of people having problems.

I found this wikihow about posting there. Maybe it will help.
http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-a-Video-to-YouTube
I feel for Dango, Ive been a Tech guy for almost 30 years and I still find the process of uploading and transferring files a drag. Too damn many, versions, formats, Sizing issues and compatibility problems. Yes, My Granddaughter can figure it out; its not like she has much of anything else to do (Jokish)!!!!
dango Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #7

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I could be frank...
...but I'd rather be ernest.

Forget the video.
People Like This 
Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 7360 Times on 3814 Posts
Likes Given: 32236

Refer to knew post..! .........?...!

Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #9

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

I don't know how to post a picture much less a VIDEO.,
dango Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #10

Liked 1618 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Dango, I have to say this, and a lot of people may disagree. It's Apple's fault. Nothing they create, "plays well with others".

Really, if it weren't for just the "cool factor" of their gadgets, I think they'd go out of business.

They're like the government. "Look, I know we've made your life a living hell for so long, but THIS is gonna fix it, I promise!"
My apple ad...Sure it's not as good..but at least it costs more!
dango Likes This