Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ohio High School Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1159 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
While I do keep my firearms under lock, let's look beyond the gun here- God knows the news media won't.

While I am older than many of you here, I grew up in a rural community. EVERY house had a gun. NONE of them had a gun safe. None of us ever decided to go shoot up the cafeteria at school.

Now, why is that????

I DO remember a couple of times that students would get into a fight- resolved by Coach Bergey taking the offenders down to the gym, putting the gloves on them, and 3 rounds of 3 minutes each. That is 1 minute of using up your mad, and 8 minutes of DANG! That HURTS!

If a Coach Bergey did that today, they would throw him under the jail.

Is part of the problem a shortage of Coach Bergeys?
As usual you hit the nail on the head C3.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #12
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8052

If I have my facts right, the shooter used a .22 caliber pistol. So........5 people shot, 3 dead.......I guess a .22 DOES have some stopping power.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn

As usual you hit the nail on the head C3.
I agree I grow up in a rural and it was the sameway

Old 02-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #14
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7349

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
While I do keep my firearms under lock, let's look beyond the gun here- God knows the news media won't.

While I am older than many of you here, I grew up in a rural community. EVERY house had a gun. NONE of them had a gun safe. None of us ever decided to go shoot up the cafeteria at school.

Now, why is that????

I DO remember a couple of times that students would get into a fight- resolved by Coach Bergey taking the offenders down to the gym, putting the gloves on them, and 3 rounds of 3 minutes each. That is 1 minute of using up your mad, and 8 minutes of DANG! That HURTS!

I agree C3, that is part of the problem. Lack of positive influences, and parental involvement are also a big factor. The proper aplication of a switch, when it is needed, might help too. What bothers me most about thjis is that there were red flags. The kid posted death threats, and that he was brining a gun to school on Facebook and Twitter acording to the media. How was this missed? Noone came forward to tell someone at the school? I just don't get it.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
....I guess a .22 DOES have some stopping power....
At point blank range them .22 calibers are very effective, in deed.
One just got to love the Phoenix HP22, .22lr.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #16

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

No c3 there are still old school teachers around, the problem is there hands are so tied up not allowing any real disciplinary actions.
Sadly, in too many homes parenting is no longer what it used to be.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 02-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default 22 cal >3 dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
If I have my facts right, the shooter used a .22 caliber pistol. So........5 people shot, 3 dead.......I guess a .22 DOES have some stopping power.
I carry my keltek P11 9mm usally, but i ALWAYS carry my 380LCP. All gun forums debate the usefullness or stopping power of the 380. It is not practical for me to carry a 1911, for several reasons. I have complete confidence in smaller caliber weapons.
Prayers going out to the people involved in this shooting!

Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter

Now, why is that????

I DO remember a couple of times that students would get into a fight- resolved by Coach Bergey taking the offenders down to the gym, putting the gloves on them, and 3 rounds of 3 minutes each. That is 1 minute of using up your mad, and 8 minutKes of DANG! That HURTS!

The problem today is that everyone is fat,tired,lazy,junk food eatting,sueing,liberal P*$%ys.. thats the world today noone wants to work, those who do just so happen to be the tough guys. From what I heard- I'f todays days were like the olden days, the world would be fine.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #19

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter

Now, why is that????

C3 for President in 2012!!! I couldn't agree more. These kids today are spoiled rotten. When real problems arise, they do not know how to deal with them. Resulting in crazy acts of extreme violence. My heart goes out to all affected by this event, but guns are not the objects at fault.

Winchester 100 .243; Marlin XS7 .308; Stevens 200 .223; Rossi 92 .45LC; Marlin 1894C .357M; Marlin 30AS .30-30; NEF Pardner Pump 12ga; Mossberg 500 Turkey 20ga; Winchester 1200 20ga; Savage Mark II F .22LR; Henry H001 .22LR; Marlin 60SB .22LR; Ruger 10/22 DSP .22LR; Browning SA-22 .22LR; Savage 93R17 GV .17HMR; Remington Genesis .50 cal ML; Ruger SR1911 .45ACP; Ruger Vaquero .45LC; Ruger Blackhawk .357M; Ruger SR9c 9mm; Ruger Single-Six .22LR; Browning Buck Mark Camper .22LR

Old 02-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #20

Well put c3shooter I agree 100 and 10% and wish we could get this Great Nation of ours back on track. I grew up with guns in an area that every one had guns. In Western PA, where I went to school "Kiski Area" we had the first day of buck off school because if they didn't no one would show up any how and there was never a school shooting in our neck of the woods. I blame society but most of all I blame a alot of parents. With all these disney parents who would rather be a friend than a parent, I genuinely believe this is where alot of the problems started. Just my opinion for what ever its worth but c3shooter you hit dead center on this one.