Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Ohio High School Shooting (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ohio-high-school-shooting-58984/)

G30USMC 02-28-2012 05:46 AM

Ohio High School Shooting

2 Attachment(s)
Thoughts and prayers to the victims, their family, friends, and all of Chardon High School my cousin is a student here where a teenage boy opened fired in the cafeteria shooting 5 students at this time 2 have succumb to their injuries, 2 are in Critical Condition and 1 is in stable condition.

This is just a horrific tragedy and as a LEO it really gets to me, knowing that all them students did not have a chance because firearms are forbidden on school grounds, once again we face an event where not even faculty is permitted to carry a firearm, not saying that would have changed anything, but I guarantee you he would of thought twice if he knew someone else may be "legally" armed!

winds-of-change 02-28-2012 06:16 AM

This story makes me sad. The shooter stole the gun from his Uncle. I know many don't agree with me but my guns are always kept in a locked safe when they aren't with me. I would be very upset if I found out my gun was stolen and used to do something like this.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/another-shooting-58915/#post722780

Ranger-6 02-28-2012 06:47 AM

I heard the shooter was tired of the bullies, so he took the action he felt was necessary. What is sad is the fact that nobody took notice, nor did any take responsibility to stop those who were bullying. Has the human race become so introvert that nobody wants to lend a helping hand to those in need of guidance? Does the human race spend more effort to avoid responsibility to properly teach, and resort to the lip service of saying they care but really not caring at all?

rob454 02-28-2012 07:10 PM

Legally owned guns should be kept in a safe.

BlueTurf 02-28-2012 07:29 PM

I am also of the opinion that firearms should be secured in a safe. This will prevent theft and the guns ending up in the hands of someone who is irresponsible, incompetent or has bad intentions, and doing harm with it. I have lots of firearms, both rifles and handguns and lots of ammo for all of them, and I don't have a problem with keeping all of it in a safe. Here we go, let the bashing begin.

LONGHAIR 02-28-2012 08:48 PM

The gun bashing is all-over the news here in St.Louis...The north-side of St.Louis they shoot each other every day and night and becouse of that, the rest of us are to give-up our right's to protection.....Just ask Obama.....:(

winds-of-change 02-28-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob454 (Post 723392)
Legally owned guns should be kept in a safe.

I agree, but many don't. I am surprised at the number of gun owners who teach their young children not to touch the guns and leave the guns unlocked. All it takes is one liiiiitle mistake to spend the rest of your life thinking.....I should have locked the guns up. I hate when I am sad and it all could have been avoided. But that's just my opinion. We are all entitled to our own beliefs.

I stress to my granddaughter to never touch a gun when a grown up isn't present. I let her handle my empty guns and show her the right way to do it. I teach her the parts of the gun. I tell her if she ever sees a gun to tell an adult immediately and to not touch it. But in the end I lock my gun back in the safe.

kfox75 02-28-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 723463)
I agree, but many don't. I am surprised at the number of gun owners who teach their young children not to touch the guns and leave the guns unlocked. All it takes is one liiiiitle mistake to spend the rest of your life thinking.....I should have locked the guns up. I hate when I am sad and it all could have been avoided. But that's just my opinion. We are all entitled to our own beliefs.

I stress to my granddaughter to never touch a gun when a grown up isn't present. I let her handle my empty guns and show her the right way to do it. I teach her the parts of the gun. I tell her if she ever sees a gun to tell an adult immediately and to not touch it. But in the end I lock my gun back in the safe.

WoC. I am in full agreement with you on this, and have done the same with my step daughter. Much respect to you for teaching the next generation the right way. T\U!

Gatoragn 02-29-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTurf (Post 723405)
I am also of the opinion that firearms should be secured in a safe. This will prevent theft, by all but the most determined thieves, and reduces the risk of the guns ending up in the hands of someone who is irresponsible, incompetent or has bad intentions, and doing harm with it.

Fixed it for ya.

I keep mine in a safe, it will keep casual thieves and mischievious kids at bay and demonstrates that I am a responsible gun owner.

c3shooter 02-29-2012 01:05 AM

While I do keep my firearms under lock, let's look beyond the gun here- God knows the news media won't.

While I am older than many of you here, I grew up in a rural community. EVERY house had a gun. NONE of them had a gun safe. None of us ever decided to go shoot up the cafeteria at school.

Now, why is that???? :confused:

I DO remember a couple of times that students would get into a fight- resolved by Coach Bergey taking the offenders down to the gym, putting the gloves on them, and 3 rounds of 3 minutes each. That is 1 minute of using up your mad, and 8 minutes of DANG! That HURTS!

If a Coach Bergey did that today, they would throw him under the jail.

Is part of the problem a shortage of Coach Bergeys?