Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Oh No! I goofed up Thanksgiving! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/oh-no-i-goofed-up-thanksgiving-76954/)

Rick1967 11-23-2012 10:32 PM

Oh No! I goofed up Thanksgiving!

I manage a hotel and restaurant. So I wanted someone to wait on my family when it was all over. I did an awesome job at my restaurant by the way. But the plan was to meet at Golden Corral at 4pm after I closed my restaurant. We got to Golden Corral at about 5 after 4. They closed at 4pm!

We had 13 people. We ended up going to the chinese buffet down the street. Luckily they were serving Turkey. I had chinese anyway. LOL

kycol 11-23-2012 10:51 PM

I do not go to any business on Easter , Thanksgiving, or Christmas. Never have, never will because I will not be a part of making people have to miss being with their families on those days. I just can't understand why people that would throw a fit if they had to work those days would.

heymikey 11-23-2012 10:53 PM

Hey, you guys made it work. Having a good time in good company is what really matters.

Chinese Peking turkey, yumm. :)

Rick1967 11-24-2012 12:02 AM

I do not open my restaurant on Christmas. I give most of my employees the day off. The hotel has to be open. People need a place to stay for the night. I ask for volunteers for Christmas to work the desk and to do housekeeping. I always get volunteers. I pay double time. The employees without kids usually jump at the chance.

Thanksgiving is different. I fed 225 people. A lot of those people would not have had thanksgiving if I hadn't. And I close at 3pm so my people can be home for dinner. I also let them take home the leftovers. So my employees were able to feed their families turkey dinner for Thanksgiving for FREE. That is not a bad trade off.

winds-of-change 11-24-2012 09:47 PM

You didn't goof it up. It just got relocated. Family was still all there. It'll probably be the Thanksgiving you remember the most. :)

Axxe55 11-24-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1024836)
I do not open my restaurant on Christmas. I give most of my employees the day off. The hotel has to be open. People need a place to stay for the night. I ask for volunteers for Christmas to work the desk and to do housekeeping. I always get volunteers. I pay double time. The employees without kids usually jump at the chance.

Thanksgiving is different. I fed 225 people. A lot of those people would not have had thanksgiving if I hadn't. And I close at 3pm so my people can be home for dinner. I also let them take home the leftovers. So my employees were able to feed their families turkey dinner for Thanksgiving for FREE. That is not a bad trade off.

Rick, my hats off to you for this! win/win sitaution for everyone IMO. and it all worked out for the best in the end. glad you were able to spend time with your family.

dragunovsks 11-24-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kycol
I do not go to any business on Easter , Thanksgiving, or Christmas. Never have, never will because I will not be a part of making people have to miss being with their families on those days. I just can't understand why people that would throw a fit if they had to work those days would.

I feel the same, that's one thing I got from my father. My dads side of the family goes out for thanksgiving and for that we haven't had thanksgiving with them in over 15 years. My grandmother is probably the only one in America who can't/won't cook. We always go to my mom's side of the family for thanksgiving and also make a stop at my wifes parents house.

beaglesam 11-24-2012 10:27 PM

Sounds like the Christmas Story, when the neighborhood dogs ate the turkey, and they ended up eating duck at the Chinese restaurant.

beaglesam 11-24-2012 10:32 PM

beaglesam 11-24-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1024763)
I manage a hotel and restaurant. So I wanted someone to wait on my family when it was all over. I did an awesome job at my restaurant by the way. But the plan was to meet at Golden Corral at 4pm after I closed my restaurant. We got to Golden Corral at about 5 after 4. They closed at 4pm!

We had 13 people. We ended up going to the chinese buffet down the street. Luckily they were serving Turkey. I had chinese anyway. LOL

Sounds like it turned out great though.