You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Oh no.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2017, 06:40 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 638 Times on 388 Posts

I can attest to the sleep deprivation issue you guys are speaking of. I've never researched it (might use my Google machine if I get a chance later) but you can see some strange things after being awake for far too long.
I have been sleep deprived to the point of being a little out of it maybe 4 times or so in life that I recall. Usually for me after about 72 hrs. it starts gradually. Kind of like being drunk for free lol. The last time, about 5 yrs. ago I was with a bunch of guys at work when it hit. I kind of got a second wind and was cracking jokes, talking twice as much as normal, and felt strange.
The crazy part happened about 1995 or so. I had been up a couple days and was driving on the interstate. Sometime between probably midnight and 0300 I see plain as day, standing in the emergency lane just close enough to the road for my headlights to light it. It was the figure (apparition whatever) of a chimpanzee waving his arms straight up in the air back and forth like you see them do sometimes. Now this was in central Ky. and I know there are NO chimpanzees native to the area. lol No animal that could even look similar. There are a couple black bear sightings these days but not 22 years ago.
Anyway, Dango keep kicking arse but first get some sleep. Rest often, eat good healthy food, and give it Hell in between those two.

Sent from a phone I can use to do my taxes, but can't make a damn call.
People Like This 
Old 03-24-2017, 12:27 PM   #42

Liked 5162 Times on 2949 Posts
Likes Given: 8577

Mr. Dango, here's something to consider. in most self defense situations, it's highly unlikely a person will be able to use the sights of their pistol if they do need to use that pistol.

in some ways, you are practicing what is called instinctive shooting. you may well be better prepared than the rest of us!

if it works for you, then keep doing it and best of luck to you.
"the hate which we all bear with the most Christian patience, is the hate of those who envy us."
People Like This 
Old 03-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #43
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 10453 Times on 5152 Posts
Likes Given: 40029

I am totally back in my fighting mode ! These shakes caused by some brain malfunction , a mass invading my limited skull and it like all enemies is in for one hell of a fight ! I've researched many options on how to retard the growth .

Bring it , I'm ready to fight again ! And win again , I'm not a good loser ....! I'll start small with this shaking issue , I have no intention of quitting my shooting .
I'm locked and loaded and this shoot from the hip is quite promising .
I'm going out to shoot my azz off , from the hip and expect to do better each time . I've got over 300 rounds ready to go so here we go ! I'm more than ready !
Oh yeah , (WEEE HAAAAA) move over Clint , I'm real .............
File Type: jpg image.jpg (103.7 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by dango; 03-24-2017 at 08:13 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #44

Liked 1239 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 1381

Dango, you need some more mags! Particularly the .22 variety.

Hang in there. Your shooting gets into the Katana level of natural feel; instinctive feel; automatic feel. Grasshopper!

Re sleep deprivation, I have experienced it a number of times - usually driving cross country, but also while in the Army on field exercises - particularly the ultimate one in my career - Desert Shield/Storm. Under sleep deprivation, I have found myself driving and losing track of the past 30 miles or so. Somewhere, my sub-conscience mind was keeping track of the automotive driving part, but my memory wasn't. It was a very strange and scary realization.

In Desert Shield/Storm, I was in the 3rd Army HQs G4 (logistics) section. We knew when the air campaign would start but the HQs had no provisions for moving to a 24/7 operation (it was still a 12-hour day). I lobbied for starting 24/7 ops about 48 hours prior to the start of the air campaign and was met with "good idea" but no decision. so I took it upon myself to begin 24/7 ops by spending the night and the following day and the following night on duty, trying to establish some sort of battle rhythm before hostilities began. When I finally went back to my "quarters", I had been up well over 72 hours. I had gone through several "second winds" and was on duty when the opening strikes were made. Hard to leave while things were so important, so I stayed on longer than I probably should have, but did. By the time I got to my fart-sack, I wasn't hallucinating, but was having a tough time focusing my eyes or thinking clearly. And, of course, when I hit the sack, I couldn't go to sleep.

It is a strange and eerie feeling, so I sympathize with you Dango. Wierder than any drugs man could have invented. Almost.

Watch out for the morphine! It can be insidious.
People Like This 
Old 03-24-2017, 11:38 PM   #45

Liked 490 Times on 256 Posts
Likes Given: 2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas53 View Post
Mr. Dango, here's something to consider. in most self defense situations, it's highly unlikely a person will be able to use the sights of their pistol if they do need to use that pistol.

in some ways, you are practicing what is called instinctive shooting. you may well be better prepared than the rest of us!

if it works for you, then keep doing it and best of luck to you.
I like to practice for instinctive shooting and have used it without realizing I had done it until afterward. The first time was the first buck I shot with my Redhawk, I hit the buck in the spine and it dropped like a rock and then I realized that I really hadn't used the sites, I had just pulled the revolver out of the holster, pointed and fired, it's a rather strange feeling when you realize what just happened.
People Like This