OFFICIAL Prayer Request thread. - Page 112
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

OFFICIAL Prayer Request thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 11:47 PM   #1111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 984 Times on 629 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Yeah that stuff is no joke! My dad had what started as a cold, turned into an ear infection, and then meningitis. I hadn't heard from him in several days so I called an aunt who is one of his neighbors. They found him slumped in his chair. While in the hospital he was out for like two weeks. He ended up having a stroke and a seizure (I'm guessing from the anesthesia for the mastoidectomy). Some doctors thought he would make a full recovery, and others thought if he did come to he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life. When he came to other than a little slurred speech he was fine. Now he's fully recuperated and perfectly fine. So anybody that tells me prayer doesn't work, I say they're full of ****!

Old 03-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #1112
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1089 Times on 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Yeah that stuff is no joke! My dad had what started as a cold, turned into an ear infection, and then meningitis. I hadn't heard from him in several days so I called an aunt who is one of his neighbors. They found him slumped in his chair. While in the hospital he was out for like two weeks. He ended up having a stroke and a seizure (I'm guessing from the anesthesia for the mastoidectomy). Some doctors thought he would make a full recovery, and others thought if he did come to he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life. When he came to other than a little slurred speech he was fine. Now he's fully recuperated and perfectly fine. So anybody that tells me prayer doesn't work, I say they're full of ****!

Lol, the first half of your post had me wondering where you were going there

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 AM   #1113

Liked 3621 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

TankTop - My wife had nearly the same symptoms in Nov. One of her two vertebral arteries was completely blocked and was throwing very small clots to her brain. She never passed out but she had the light show, nausea and vertigo with lack of balance.

Thank God, she is back to 99.99% of pre-stroke form.

Our prayers go out to you & your family, have confidence and follow the rehab you are instructed to do.

God bless you and look forward to a bright future.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:12 AM   #1114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3013 Times on 1958 Posts

Tank top: sent.

And cut back on the fried foods!

Old 03-25-2014, 01:26 AM   #1115
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8934 Times on 5345 Posts
Likes Given: 11935

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
I think I already have a prayer chain a mile long but more prayer never hurts.

A week ago Saturday I almost passed out at work, then I got some cool visuals. Went to the ER, got transferred to the main hospital by ambulance, then the next morning got a helicopter ride to a hospital that specializes in stroke. Turns out I have a clot in an artery in my neck which is apparently a bad thing. Anyway I'm already back to work and they are treating me with blood thinners and hoping it will resolve on its own without surgery. It's still very serious and I'm a bit stressed with three kids at home and a wife who is also a stay at home mom as I'm sole bread winner with a commission only job. So however you feel led to pray would be great!
I have confidence the clot will resolve with no problem. My prayers for your recovery.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:29 AM   #1116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1089 Times on 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
TankTop - My wife had nearly the same symptoms in Nov. One of her two vertebral arteries was completely blocked and was throwing very small clots to her brain. She never passed out but she had the light show, nausea and vertigo with lack of balance.

Thank God, she is back to 99.99% of pre-stroke form.

Our prayers go out to you & your family, have confidence and follow the rehab you are instructed to do.

God bless you and look forward to a bright future.

Exactly what mine is except mine is intact and not sending off pieces of clot, on Coumadin and Lovenox (fun!!!).

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #1117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4564 Times on 2521 Posts
Likes Given: 23098

You know , some times we think woe is me when there are so many others with extreme problems . My prayers sent out all that need for my problems are nothing.!

Old 03-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #1118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3013 Times on 1958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
You know , some times we think woe is me when there are so many others with extreme problems . My prayers sent out all that need for my problems are nothing.!
And that, brothers, is how a believer thinks.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #1119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 629 Posts
Likes Given: 392

You know, come to think of it, I hardly ever pray for my own needs! It's always seems to be for others, many of which I don't even know! Doesn't bother me at all, I'm happy to do it!

Old 05-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #1120
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Yesterday my wife of 48 years was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The Neurosurgeon is trying to get surgery scheduled ASAP. Possibly Monday or Tuesday. We have not heard back yet as it has to be approved by the insurance. I will be calling them this afternoon if I have not heard from the doctor. She is otherwise in good health for a 76 year old woman but there is always a possibility for something to go wrong.