Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > OFFICIAL Prayer Request thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #1071
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

I am not usually one to ask for prayer. But I could be headed for some pretty serious trouble. A year ago I got hit by an idiot in a big 4wd truck while I was waiting to turn onto my street. It knocked me unconscious and at this time they've found 9 different disc problems in my back.

The in and out of therapy etc. has exhausted all my PTO as of today.

My agency has a crisis leave bank of hours. But it's usually reserved for life threatening illnesses. The possibility of me getting hours is almost not there at all. Especially since the supervisor who will have to sign off on the paper before it even goes to committee hates my guts.

If I quit this job I lose my insurance benefits in the middle of this obamacare idiocy. My options are looking really slim and Christmas is closing in at lightning speed and I have 2 beautiful kids who deserve the best.

Pray that I get healed, a better job, or light duty at my job by Monday or Tuesday please.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 11-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #1072
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2104 Times on 1453 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
I am not usually one to ask for prayer. But I could be headed for some pretty serious trouble. A year ago I got hit by an idiot in a big 4wd truck while I was waiting to turn onto my street. It knocked me unconscious and at this time they've found 9 different disc problems in my back.

My agency has a crisis leave bank of hours. But it's usually reserved for life threatening illnesses. The possibility of me getting hours is almost not there at all. Especially since the supervisor who will have to sign off on the paper before it even goes to committee hates my guts.

If I quit this job I lose my insurance benefits in the middle of this obamacare idiocy. My options are looking really slim and Christmas is closing in at lightning speed and I have 2 beautiful kids who deserve the best.

Pray that I get healed, a better job, or light duty at my job by Monday or Tuesday please.
Praying for you Bro,..for all things good, esp. Healing. A Guy who defends the law, has good looking Kids, and Uses MACS, and Plays Guitar,..Deserves the Hand....Stay Strong,..Stay Frosty...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Gatoragn Likes This 
Old 11-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #1073
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6147 Times on 3729 Posts
Likes Given: 7023

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

You are in my prayers. I hope you get some light duty.
Gatoragn Likes This 
Old 11-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #1074
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

MRI is in a few minutes. Keep me in your prayers. I hate this crap.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

Old 11-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #1075
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6147 Times on 3729 Posts
Likes Given: 7023

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
I'm thinking of you today.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #1076
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2104 Times on 1453 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Pryars sent,..hope it worked out ok....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #1077
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

MRI came back good. I'm released back to full duty and I will be working straight 18s for the next 3 weeks so that I can pay my bills. Pray for Gods protection and for supernatural Stamina so that I can stay alert and keep myself and my co-workers safe. I have multiple minor bulging discs that are triggering muscle spasms. So I'll be working in pain, but I'm not in anymore danger of injuring myself further than usual. I shouldn't have to go back. The doctor isn't comfortable with it because working long hours in pain will make the spasms worse. But I'd rather feed my family and be in pain than starve or eat off the governments dime.

Last edited by DeltaF; 11-13-2013 at 09:56 PM.
stratrider Likes This 
Old 11-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #1078
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 174 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 377

Glad your ok! Prayers for you as you continue on getting better.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 11-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #1079
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2225 Times on 1381 Posts
Likes Given: 14840

Nothing but good and miracles to all that need then , all the good in me coming to you all.!

Old 01-30-2014, 01:03 PM   #1080
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Got a text from my sister-in-law at around 0200 this morning. They took my nephew to the doctor because he was running a really high fever and the doctor said his hemoglobin was low, normal level is 12 he is at a 5.5, I haven't heard anything else but they took him to the hospital so I'm waiting to hear back from them.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.