Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > OFFICIAL Prayer Request thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 04:16 AM   #1041
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7888

Dang, and you just got a dog which might make finding a place more difficult.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #1042

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Believe me winds, I freaking know it.

The extension has NOT been granted. I don't know what's up with that. It was supposed to be done yesterday.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #1043
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 436

Hope you find a new place soon!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #1044

It looks like I'll be renting my boss's house for a bit. I plan to get the move done this weekend.

Keep my neighbors in your thoughts and prayers. They're good people who don't deserve this kind of treatment.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #1045

So I posted the situation on local Facebook pages. There's been a huge uproar and a lot of negative publicity for them.

They've put a letter in each mailbox apologizing for the way the situation was handled and giving us until the 30th of September, rent free.

This is why the 30 day extension didn't go through, because they're withdrawing the ten day notice, but they'll issue another one on September 20th.

So. That's better. It's still crappy, but it at least gives these good people more time to find new homes.

I'll be continuing with my plans myself. This just takes some of the stress off. I know it's not like a SWAT team is gonna show up, shoot the dog, and arrest Sue and I (they'd probably get the wrong damn trailer anyway), but there's still an element of stress when you're told ten days, even though you know it would take closer to 45 to actually force you out.

I'll breathe a little easier while packing my stuff now. Gotta help the old black couple find something. Racism is still strong in parts of the south, and let's be honest, trailer parks are a breeding ground for such sentiments, so they're having a hard time. I think I've found them a house for 50 bucks cheaper per month though. It's small, but way nicer than what they've got. Not to mention that cheaper part too.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #1046

Liked 223 Times on 139 Posts

I'm on break at work but I'm fixing to leave and attend the visitation of a recently departed buddy of mine from a few years back, he was taken at the age of 23,his young daughter is just old enough to know what happened but not yet old enough to fully understand it. I believe she is 5 or 6 now.

Two men dropped him off at the hospital early Monday morning claiming a heart attack,but his hands and face were beat to ****. We have to wait for the autopsy report to come in,but it does appear he was beat to death. He was a huge muscular guy,which makes me wonder what exactly happened.

Anyways,no prayers for me. But please send some out for his daughter,mother,and sister whom I was also good friends with. His mom is very rough,she has already had to lay her oldest son to rest a few years ago.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #1047
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Prayers in route.

23 is way too young for heart attack but he may have had congenital heart condition.

Trip - glad to hear you've got extra time. Since you have a kid, my bet is it would be hard to evit you legally. I hate moving but it just may be the best thing to happen to you. Good neighbors who watch out for & help one another are a true blessing.

I hope you find just such a place and will look back on this situation and laugh like a big dog. I lived in Natchez, across the bridge from LA. Interesting place to live - but damn fine fried food. If it moves, they will fry it. Miss the grits & grilliads (sp) gumbo, etc. I was a wee bit over 200 lbs when I lived there. Miss the cousine but not the cholesterol.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #1048

Liked 223 Times on 139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla
Prayers in route.

23 is way too young for heart attack but he may have had congenital heart condition.

Trip - glad to hear you've got extra time. Since you have a kid, my bet is it would be hard to evit you legally. I hate moving but it just may be the best thing to happen to you. Good neighbors who watch out for & help one another are a true blessing.

I hope you find just such a place and will look back on this situation and laugh like a big dog. I lived in Natchez, across the bridge from LA. Interesting place to live - but damn fine fried food. If it moves, they will fry it. Miss the grits & grilliads (sp) gumbo, etc. I was a wee bit over 200 lbs when I lived there. Miss the cousine but not the cholesterol.
Thanks,just came back from the funeral. They are a very strong and tight knit family.

And it's being investigated as a murder. I got filled in at the visitation. There where bruises on his forearms and calfs indicating he had been held down while he was beaten. Also the two guys that dropped him off really just tried to push his body out of the car by the hospital but nurses/doctors and nearby police apprehended them.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:12 AM   #1049
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 436

Prayers on the way Jstrong.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 08-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #1050
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 220

I would ask those that are praying for others to quit praying for me, quit, because it only makes those praying for me, pray harder.