Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > OFFICIAL Prayer Request thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #991
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Prayers sent WOC. I have been thru the legal problems myself, self inflicted tho. Let us know what we can do to help.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 10-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #992
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 440

So my Dad is in a bit of trouble, he had to sell his home at a big loss, because he was heading down forclosure road. He has no job, and his car is taking a nose dive on him. He has no where to go and is living with a reletaive, in another state. Moved there to rent a trailer off a different relative. But when he got there with all his stuff, the place turned out to be a dump. So our own family lied to my father about the conditon of the trailer, and now he is stuck with all his stuff in a different state, car breaking down and just about all alone. I dont know what to do for him except pray. I feel so helpless, and it is laying heavy on me. I told him he can move in with me, but he hasent respnded to it. Not sure what is going to happen to him.

So if you all would send a prayer out for him that would be nice, thank you.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #993
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6767 Times on 4090 Posts
Likes Given: 8103

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
So my Dad is in a bit of trouble, he had to sell his home at a big loss, because he was heading down forclosure road. He has no job, and his car is taking a nose dive on him. He has no where to go and is living with a reletaive, in another state. Moved there to rent a trailer off a different relative. But when he got there with all his stuff, the place turned out to be a dump. So our own family lied to my father about the conditon of the trailer, and now he is stuck with all his stuff in a different state, car breaking down and just about all alone. I dont know what to do for him except pray. I feel so helpless, and it is laying heavy on me. I told him he can move in with me, but he hasent respnded to it. Not sure what is going to happen to him.

Dang. If you can contact him maybe you should try to go get him. What a terrible situation. How old is he?

Old 10-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #994

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard

Knee mail on the way. Very tough situation. I hope things make a quick turn for the better for him.

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com

Old 10-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #995
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 973 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard

Just sent prayers his and your way! Hope you get the response you're seeking

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #996
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks a ton everyone. He is 55 but has some heart trouble, so the last thing he needs is all the strees of being without a home and his own family treating him the way they have. Again thank you it means alot.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 10-26-2012, 02:16 AM   #997

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

sorry to hear about your dad colmustard, see a parent in trouble is a tough thing to deal with, my prayers and thoughts for you and your father

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 10-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #998

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Incoming knee-mail Colmustard...Keep your head up...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #999
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 247 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post

Prayers on their way.

My .02 - rent a small U Haul trailer or buds pick up w tarp n tie down ropes. Go get him. Prioritize his stuff and give the rest to Goodwill or leave it "for free" to relatives.

Pops may not be capable of making good decisions and it is always hard to downsize our possessions. (we all have too much stuff anyway)

2nd - he should be on Medicare so make sure he gets a thorough check up. When in financial trouble, the first thing people neglect is their healthcare. Ounce of prevention now, will save you boatload of trouble later.

3rd - take a few days off and "do" something you both like together. By this time Both of you need to laugh, kick back and be reminded of the simple pleasures of life.

When you return home, make sure he has something to do. Develop hobbies or if handy, have him do those fix it projects we all have. Keep him busy.

He has just been traumatized, you need to help him put that in the past. FYI: he might need professional help to do this, if his income is below certain thresholds - the State will cover this.

You are NOT alone, if you don't want to voice it in open thread, just PM me or someone else who you feel comfortable with. When you click on our names, you can read our responses and get an idea of what we are like. Damn fine people on this forum, don't be afraid to reach out to them.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 12-28-2012 at 07:16 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-03-2013, 03:13 AM   #1000
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the good word. I went down and seen him a few weeks ago. Things are rough but he does not want any of my help. He is not mean about it or anything, just very stubborn and prideful. He wont take anything from anyone, and refuses to come back with me. I am trying to get thigns worked out for him, but it is taking alot of work. He is in a dump of a trailer right now, no insulation and the windows are drafty. Shoot one room has a hole in the floor you can put your foot through! But he has it plugged up .

Seems like my one uncle and I are the only one's who cares. No one else in the family seems to really give much thought about it. But my uncle does not have much to give and I just scrape by. I am trying to get him to go get some kind of help, at least some food stamps. But he won't go and get any ( he does not belive in it ).

On top of all that his neighbors are a bunch of dope head white trash hillbillies that must be watched at all times ( very shady ). So thats where I am now . Sorry for the length of the post and me venting to you all. But this is one of the few places I can get it all out. Again thanks for the prayers.

--George Washington