Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Official MMA Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #901
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Has Guido ever been stopped? I mean either submitted or knocked out? The UFC record says no.
Yes, he has. That is one of the reasons I don't get my info from the UFC website... LOL

Clay "The Carpenter" Guida MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography, and More - Sherdog.com

He has 5 losses by submission ( 3 rear naked's and 2 armbars ). Inside the UFC, he has lost by rear naked to Huerta at Fight Night 6.

Florian has a great rear naked choke and his ground work is very good. On par with some of the truly great ground guys, because he has long legs and can use them to trap a guy.

I can't help but think Florian wins this fight going away. Guida has great cardio, and that keeps him in plenty of fights, but against Florian, he is going against someone that is just better in every category.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #902

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

One thing I'm learning from this season of TUF is that the bigger they are, the bigger the total douche bag. I don't get what Big Baby's issue was with Mitrione, nor McFaggoty excercising douche baggery during the stare down. There's a lot of classless bastages this season. I think Kimbo alone is the adult out there.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:20 AM   #903

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Ok so who is going to win the contract on saturday? I am rooting for brendan myself.

I will punch my self in the junk and tape it if Roy "Big Mac" Nelson wins.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 AM   #904

I think Kimbo bitched out, to be honest. The way he turned down the fight, and then he was like "what about me people?"

Well, frankly, no one cares about your people Kimbo, they are tuning in to see YOU fight. Odd. I know.

Nelson is, easily, a 2 to 1 odds on favorite against Brendan. He has more experience, he has more skill on the ground and he knows how to punch to win a fight.

I think this season had very little to offer the heavyweight division.

However, in about 2 more years, I think Big Baby is going to be a a serious force to be reconed with. His fight against Schooner showed what he is capable of, and then against Brendan in his ability to take a punch and take a guy down. Forcibly. And against their will. Ala GSP.

All in all? They were free fights with some meaningless drama.

I know both Kimbo and Nelson, as soon as they lose two in a row, will be GONE from the UFC based on Dana's comments....

Looking forward to the fight card of importance to be honest. Fight Night is going to bore me.....

JD

Old 12-03-2009, 03:31 AM   #905
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Ok so who is going to win the contract on saturday? I am rooting for brendan myself.

I will punch my self in the junk and tape it if Roy "Big Mac" Nelson wins.

Now that's gonna be a great video. May have to make a GIF out of that. Enjoy the punch to the junk.

Last edited by Shihan; 12-03-2009 at 03:34 AM. Reason: addes quote for clarity

Old 12-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #906

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Great assessment, JD. I couldn't agree more. Only The Darkness has a future in the UFC. Big country should win TUF, but whatever.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #907

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

The Darkness has really impressed me. That dude is effing Tango Nuts. I love it.

He is a true high end elite athlete that can do what ever he puts his mind to. I think if he sticks with it he will hold the belt and hold it for a while.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:35 AM   #908

Likes Given: 2

"Big Baby" is the only one to impress my this season. he has only been training for two years, but to watch him move on the ground reminds my of Frank Mir, only in a bigger stronger frame. him training in a serious camp for another year maybe two and getting a few fights against some top oppoenents should make him one of the best in the game. i could go on for a while. the only thing is his chin. you cant say he has a weak one, he is fighting at heavy weight. every heavy weight has knockout power. so we will see is what it boils down to.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:03 AM   #909

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

All I have to say is Kimbo effing Slice! Wow!

Old 12-06-2009, 03:06 AM   #910

That was an epic fight!!

I know the casual fans were booing, but Alexander had a GREAT game plan, but lacked the skills to follow through.

Kimbo looked MUCH better. His hips are 1000% improved and his chin is VASTLY improved over his fight against Seth the Bitch.

I actually hope Kimbo cuts to 205 and mixes up the division a bit. He has a long way to go, but he is well on his way with American Top Team. Probably one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the country in my opinion and the BEST striker school, hands down, out there....