The Official MMA Thread - Page 52
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Official MMA Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #511
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Skater kids with balls. Haha

Old 07-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #512

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

So the sorry assed career saga of Fedor continues. Barnett tested postive and won't be fighting him on aug 1st.

I didn't really think Barnett would win, but I did think he had a better chance than anyone else outside of the UFC.

Now they are talking about Paul Buenentello ( WTF?! ), a bulked up Phenom in Vitor Belfort or Brett The Grim Rodgers ( last seen cleaning Ardrei arlovski's clock ).

Any of these guys are probably going to get crushed, but Rodgers has the most to gain, the least to lose and has some heavy hands...

We will have to see what soup can M1 Management pulls down from the cupboard for their golden boy to fight this time.

JD

Old 07-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #513

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Can you say Ground & Pound

Muwhahahwhahhahah

JD
That Mexi-Cali Gangbanger got messed up by that little white dude. Of course getin beat in the head with a skate board helped the white boy out a little. He was Effing that dude up bad.

Last edited by Dillinger; 07-24-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Easy on the racial name calling bro...

Old 07-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #514

Anybody else catch the signing that Jose Aldo WILL be Mike Brown's next title defense in the WEC?!

Man, that is going to be an awesome fight! I don't know who to pick.

The guy that looks like he is 180 pounds of granite poured into the flesh of a 145 fighter?

Of the striking machine that is so fast, so crisp and so precise that he landed not ONE, but TWO jumping knees on Cub Swanson in one leap, cutting Swanson both above and below each eye on the way to KO!

Should be one hell of a great fight!!

Old 07-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #515

And in other news, as predicted by myself and OH so many others....

Affliction = DEAD!

That's right, Fedor has killed another organization that he fought for as the glory boy. The guy may be great, but he sure can't sell tickets.

Looks like Tito will be crawling back to Dana sometime here in the next couple of weeks.... LOL

JD

Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #516

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Tito is done. He's proven that the only fighter he can beat is Ken Glamrock. Fedor isn't the death of Affliction. Affliction is the death of Affliction. Fedor fights in the UFC, and you watch how stock goes up.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #517

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Tito is done. He's proven that the only fighter he can beat is Ken Glamrock. Fedor isn't the death of Affliction. Affliction is the death of Affliction. Fedor fights in the UFC, and you watch how stock goes up.
I agree, Ineff. The UFC is out there for everyone (fan wise). Affliction was skeevy anyway. Strikeforce is for Showtime subscribers only. If Fedor ever signs with the UFC, you can expect one of the largest PPV events in MMA history. The price may even jump another fin for those who want to see it. The UFC relationship with Spike helps immensly, imo.

Premium channel contracts killed the boxing fan base, imo. When HBO ruled boxing, popularity waned. Eventually, HBO had to the go pay-per-view way with boxing. MMA is bigger than boxing right now (fixed fights lost the ppv fans for boxing). If the UFC plays it right, they will consume Strikeforce and the WEC. Again, jmo.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-27-2009, 11:44 PM   #518

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The WEC is UFC owned. It exists as a place for lighter weights and as a developmental league. I always feel dirty after watching strikeforce.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:28 AM   #519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Fedor isn't the death of Affliction. Affliction is the death of Affliction. Fedor fights in the UFC, and you watch how stock goes up.
Ineff, I love you, but you are wrong in this case, and I can tell you why.

Fedor's fans are the hardcore MMA fans. They DO NOT buy PPV's, they watch on line after the event for free. Fedor has not been a draw, in the United States, EVER in his career.

If you transplant Fedor to the UFC, what you have is a fighter that will probably beat the top 3 thru 5 UFC Heavyweights, but no one will care, because no one will buy the UFC unless they do a whole UFC Fight Night for Free with him like they did for Anderson Silva.

None of you would have known who he was either if they hadn't let him DESTROY Chris Leben for free, on UFN LIVE, and then get an "automatic" shot at Rich Franklin...

Fedor will never sell tickets in the US until he gets a promotional vehicle behind him LIKE the UFC. And that will take time, money and more than one fight BEFORE he takes on BROCK.

The fact is, Fedor doesn't WANT to fight in the UFC. Much like Cro Cop, he wants a ring where he can stalk, and corner, his opponent. In the Octagon, he can't do that. In addition, if he takes another Murder-Plex, like he took from Randleman, he would be KTFO in the Octagon.

Oh yeah, in the UFC they Steriod Test as well, which is why Cro Cop went 1-2 in the UFC.

Anyone that thinks Fedor can generate THAT power without juice is kidding themselves....

In any event, Fedor is managed by M1 Global. They want considerations that the UFC is NOT prepared to give those concessions.

Fedor signs again with Dream and he has an end of the year, New Years "Superfight" with some other oddity and goes on to have a career outside the UFC and outside of Randy, Mir and Lesnar....

In other news, I have been predicting the fall of Affliction for almost a year. They paid too much for talent ( $800K for Timmah to fight Fedor ?!?! ) and they continued to sign bad fights, in bad cities ( see the Las Vegas attempt ) in an arrogance fueled attempt to unseat the reigning champs....

And by the wayside falls another "competitor" who was fighting one handed and wounded the whole way through.....

JD

Old 07-29-2009, 03:58 AM   #520

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

We shall see, young padawan. We shall see. The heavy weight division is kind of sparse and boring right now. Fedor is exciting. He will be a money generator. Dana White speaks money fluently.