The Official MMA Thread - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Official MMA Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Whats so bad about koscheck?

I would rather see him that Matt Sera the loud mouth jackazz

Tell you what I am really looking forward to seeing Cory Hill fight. I think he did great on TUF even though he never had a pro fight before the show.

Last edited by cpttango30; 12-11-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 AM   #42

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post

Tell you what I am really looking forward to seeing Cory Hill fight. I think he did great on TUF even though he never had a pro fight before the show.
Kos is just as big a mouth as Sera, only he's more arrogant and racist. You ever see TUF season one? If that don't make you hate him, nothing will.

Hill was nearly the weakest link in that season of TUF. He can only get better, right?

Old 12-11-2008, 01:52 AM   #43

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post

The guy has had 14 pro fights, before tonight and he has SEVEN that have gone to decision!

In his last fight, which was also a decision, he lost because he completely threw out the game plan his trainers put together - leading his head trainer to say that "Josh is hard to work with because he is going to do whatever he wants in there".

Now, you add ALL THE press the guy has gotten about how great he is, how great a wrestler he is, how quickly he learns and picks things up, and that.....

Equals......... Revulsion.

Learn to finish a f**king fight for crying out loud! He's 4-2 in his last 6 fights with ONE FINISH, the other 5 went to the judges.

Josh Koscheck: Because everyone needs a good blanket.

JD

Old 12-11-2008, 03:59 AM   #44

I kind of liked kosch BUT I do think the dude got too much press.

so he would be a good match for Ryan the master Bader. that dude just laid on three guys to get where he s at now.

what about that arm bar Steve Cantwell put on Razak Al-Hassan? that made my arm hurt just watching it.

Mike Swick Vs. Jonathan Goulet that was a badazz KO there.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:21 AM   #45

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Now, you add ALL THE press the guy has gotten about how great he is, how great a wrestler he is, how quickly he learns and picks things up, and that.....

Equals......... Revulsion.

Learn to finish a f**king fight for crying out loud! He's 4-2 in his last 6 fights with ONE FINISH, the other 5 went to the judges.

Josh Koscheck: Because everyone needs a good blanket.

JD
Bwahahahaha.

Oh, and that Saunders fight? Brutal!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 AM   #46

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Off topic, but isn't Dustin Hazlet the shiznit? He's fastly becoming one of my favorite fighters. Dude can finish a fight better than most in the UFC.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:31 AM   #47

Swick looked REALLY good at 170#. That was his best fight at 170# - He is definitely going to be a force to be watched.

Steve Cantwell is no joke. That dude is a serious jiujitsu guy who has some great hands. He destroyed Brian Stann in their rematch, and while Stann is no super beast at 205, he was on a roll in the WEC at the time and had one hell of a chin after taking the belt from Doug Marshall. That arm bar was SICK! That made my butt pucker like I sat on a sour grape - that was NASTY!! He is going to go far considering he is only 22 years old right now....

Well, time for the main event - we will see what happens. *begging* Please be a good fight, please be a good fight, please be a good fight....

Last edited by Dillinger; 12-11-2008 at 02:04 PM.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #48

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Where the hell is Mac Danzig? I thought this guy was gonna be the next big thing.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #49

HOLLY COW Weather you like kosch or not you got to admitt that was one sweet KO he had there. I think if dude would have taken him to the ground kosch would have been done.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #50

I officially will hand it to Koscheck, that was one hell of a right hand, and then another one, to put Yoshida out. He definitely gained a measure of my respect back by stopping himself and not laying into a guy who was definitely hurt. I was impressed by this performance - but he still has a way to go before I will consider him for real PPV status. He is still a decision fighter and those guys make for horrible PPV cards.

All in all, that was one of the better cards of the year, free or not, as far as having evenly matched fighters. Joe Silva did an awesome job with that fight card.

How about Jim Miller - taking that fight on one weeks notice after coming off a vacation, on his honeymoon no less?! That was crazy and pulls out an easy decision. Both those Miller guys are tough as nails.

As for Danzig - He dropped to 155 and has an upcoming fight with Clay Guida, who is the modern equivalent of either A) The Geico Caveman or B) The Energizer Bunny...