The Official MMA Thread - Page 21
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Official MMA Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
GSP Breaks Down BJ Penn

Using science and medical knowledge to OWN your opponent....Watch and listen to the video...

JD
+1 excellent stuff! He doesn't go into BJ Penn-like smack talk and breaks the fight down to the science and even has advice for Penn to reinvigorate his career. Such a class act. I hope there's a part 3 in the future. Penn ass whoopage always gives me a chubby.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #202

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

^ You and me both Ineff, you and me both....

JD

Old 02-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #203

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Hey when is the next big fight?

Did anyone see Rayn "The Master" Bader's new nick name. Darth what an effing n00b that cheese bag lop of cheet. I can't stand that POS. OMG I'm not sure if I hate him or BJP worse. Both are a couple of wind bags.

Last edited by cpttango30; 02-15-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #204

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Next week, baby! And it's free!
Clicky this here link
UFC : Ultimate Fighting Championship

Old 02-15-2009, 11:23 PM   #205

Yeah. Props to the UFC for putting on two pay events in April, for competition, and then giving us two FREE events in Feb. I think that is pretty cool on their part.

The next UFC in Montreal went on sale there are HUGE PROBLEMS!! The Montreal Athletic Commission is all over some MASSIVE rule changes since some local, P.O.S. promoter almost caused a riot in his last show featuring James The Goliath Thompson ( last seen being taken to the limin of three rounds by Kimbo before getting his ear DESTROYED. The beginning of the end for Kimbo.

IN any event, it's possible that the next UFC in Montreal, slated to feature a defense by Anderson Silva might not happen at all...

More to follow -

JD

Old 02-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #206

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

GD Panty waist Canadians always got to be passive. If they want it that way then why doesn't the UFC just never go back there. Then tell GSP that he is getting dropped. (Not that I want to see that happen).

So who is going to win? Stephenson or Sanchez? I know who I am rooting for in the fight.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #207

The thing is, the first gate they did there, when GSP fought Serra for the second time, brought like $500K in American dollars into the local Athletic Commission and City government as part of the gate fee. That was the largest gate of all time for the UFC and they are going back there NEXT MONTH!

This show has sold out even faster and it's expected to generate over $600K for the same people that want to now change the rules. And that doesn't include all the influx of traveling money to the region for food, gas, lodging, site seeing, bars, strip clubs. I mean the UFC brings in a TON of money to the locals in the area.

Now some douchebag UG promoter has one event that causes a riot and the good folks at the Athletic Commision get to looking into the Laws of the Land and find out that things like hitting with an elbow, on the feet or on the ground, or landing a knee to the midsection, while standing or on the ground, is ILLEGAL - even if done for sport. Now they want all these pussified changes...

Dana White has said they are going to go ahead with show, as planned, with no rule changes because that is what the fans are paying for. Props to him for that, but I see some legal battles in the near future...

As for the fight? I couldn't care less, but Diego was knocking dudes out on TUF at an undersized 205. He's athletic and I think he is going to be too big for Stevenson to rough up.

Stevenson is good, really good ( 7-3 last 10 fights with his losses being to Neer ( who just won at 170 and beat Mac Danzig on Fight Night ) by decision and two submissions by BJ and Florian. Those are all top guys.

I think Joe's undersize for 155 in the terms of reach. He's listed at 5'-7", but I am saying closer to 5'-5". That means his striking is going to be tough to get at the end of Diego's reach ( listed at 5'-10", probably closer to 5'-8" ).

I think Diego takes this one easily - but I really hope I am wrong because the sooner someone can string together a couple of losses for Diego, the sooner they will cut him.....He had to losses to Fitch and Kos, then they gave him a couple of cans to keep him relevant, but the dude is NEVER going to get a belt. He sucks....

JD

Old 02-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #208

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
As for the fight? I couldn't care less, but Diego was knocking dudes out on TUF at an undersized 205. He's athletic and I think he is going to be too big for Stevenson to rough up.
Diego wasn't 205 in TUF. He was 185...as was Florian, BTW. But Florian was a very small

Last edited by user4; 02-16-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Diego wasn't 205 in TUF. He was 185...as was Florian, BTW. But Florian was a very small
My bad - Douchebag Sanchez was knocking guys out at 185 when he was on TUF. Now moving down to 155, he is still going to be the bigger, stronger fighter with longer reach.

I never watched the first season - I only wanted the TUF Finale.... I thought it was 205.

JD

Old 02-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #210

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It was both 205 and 185. Two classes, if you remember. Forrest Griffin, and Sanchez winning their respective divisions.

I think a Sanchez/Florian fight now would have much different results. Sanchez is good, but Florian has evolved MUCH since then.