The Official MMA Thread - Page 185
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Official MMA Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #1841
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think cerrone's loss to diaz was his own fault not diaz's win. Following? Diaz does not have what it takes to beat benson henderson. I was never a jamie varner fan ehile he was in the WEC but after his last fight i will say i have fingers crossed for him. Anthony pettis just called out diaz saying he want to essentially fight the no 1 contender in his division. Diaz says he want to wait on his title fight that could be a year away. Its like a soap opera i tell ya.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #1842

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I do not like either Diaz brother!!! I loved when Tito was at his strongest!!!

Old 06-13-2012, 03:08 AM   #1843
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
I do not like either Diaz brother!!! I loved when Tito was at his strongest!!!
Tito is a D-Bag!!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #1844

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

What do you guys think of Fedor Emelianenko?

Love his fighting style...but lately his been fighting "nobodys" compared to his repuation.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #1845

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt
What do you guys think of Fedor Emelianenko?

Love his fighting style...but lately his been fighting "nobodys" compared to his repuation.
I think he might be getting to the end of his career!

Old 06-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #1846

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Nate Diaz is one of those guys that you can never count out just because of his reach and his BJJ. The Diaz sisters both have very unorthadox striking, which causes problems as everyone they fight doesn't have the reach they do. When they go to the ground Nate especially has the ability to body triangle from the bottom and cause problems.

I can't stand either one of them. God forbid one actually get a belt and have to be a representative of the sport, but when they fight you know you are going to get a true fight that is worth seeing. As opposed to someone dancing around and not engaging like Frankie Edgar or Anderson Silva of late.

Tito was an intentional douchebag - but that was to sell PPV buys because he was one of the first fighters that had a percentage of his purse tied directly to the gate and the number of PPV's that were sold. Like him or not (I don't) he was a brilliant marketing agent for the UFC in their early days. Without him running that big mouth, the UFC wouldn't have got SOME of the exposure they got early on because several of their early champs were just quiet, non entertaining interviews.

Chuck, Randy, Rich Franklin, Dan Severn, etc, none of those guys ever gave an "exciting" interview.

Fedor? I have never understood the Fedor love and mythos to be honest. If you look at the fights he undertook, several of his wins were against guys who might have been a known name, but were far from "championship" caliber at the time he fought them. Several fights, like Ho Min Choi, were just freak show fights against guys that had NO BUSINESS being in a main event against someone that is allegedly that good.

The Linland fight, for me, was the great undoing of the Fedor myth. He supposedly destroyed all these greats in Japan, I've seen the fights, but here he is fighting a guy who he outweighs by 40-50lbs and Linland is FAR from a threat striking. He has to grab the ring ropes to avoid a body clench take down and gets a submission based on landing in the right spot? The hell? That's a weak win man, you cheated and got away with it, but you had to cheat to beat a guy you were supposedly MUCH better than in every category except wrestling? Hardly championship material.

When he finally started getting figured out and lost, what 3 in a row, I was as happy as a clam.

JD

Old 07-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #1847

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Faber vs Barao? Thoughts predictions smack talk any one?

Old 07-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #1848

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKooEKoo
Faber vs Barao? Thoughts predictions smack talk any one?
I hope Faber wins.