The Official MMA Thread - Page 175
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Official MMA Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #1741
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Brian was that one leg neck twister thing? If so that submission was the sickest I have seen in a LONG time.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #1742

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Yes it is called a Twister. I hadnt ever seen it or heard of it until that moment.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #1743

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That move was invented by Eddie Bravo. The same guy who also invented the rubber guard and a couple of other jiu-jitsu finishing moves.

The Twister is just basically a neck crank, but when you are trapped and stretched out, it hurts like hell.... LOL

Old 03-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #1744

That first fight was a good old slug fest. Them little guys were banging hard.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #1745

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
That first fight was a good old slug fest. Them little guys were banging hard.
No doubt. I havent had much exposure under 155 pounds up until now. Those guys go non stop.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #1746

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
No doubt. I havent had much exposure under 155 pounds up until now. Those guys go non stop.
That was the whole reason I liked WEC the fights were fast and even if they did go to a decision you can rest assured that there was very little layin and prayin.

JD doesn't like faber and what not because he is one of them hippie love kids. But the dude can bang. How many 185 or 205ers would fight 10 minutes with not 1 but 2 broken hands?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #1747

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
That was the whole reason I liked WEC the fights were fast and even if they did go to a decision you can rest assured that there was very little layin and prayin.

JD doesn't like faber and what not because he is one of them hippie love kids. But the dude can bang. How many 185 or 205ers would fight 10 minutes with not 1 but 2 broken hands?
Did you watch the Countdown spacial on Urijah? It was a good show. I guess he grew up in a commune and id now buying up houses in a cul-da-sac in which his friends live. He seems like a good guy.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #1748

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm trying to learn some new submissions. I think the twister is a little advanced for me. I've only been doing groundwork for a few years here and there.

iBJJ app for iPhone is cool!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #1749

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
I am so sick of wrestlers in MMA. I am just sick of them. I wish we could get some Muay Thai fighting on the tube.

Hell the National Grass Growing League might be more fun than watching a wrestler fight in MMA
Do I sense a bit of hatred for wrestlers here? Possibly deep seeded roots?

Nuttin from nuttin but I wonder how many UFC Hall-of-Famers have a big wrestling background? How many contenders and great MMA fighters have a big wrestling background? I understand your desire to see more MT than grappling, I want it to watch that as well. But, the little nuances and "chess match" of the ground game is awesome to watch sometimes.

That is the beauty of BJJ. A great BJJ fighter will beat a great wrestler the majority of times. That is unless the great wrestler takes his ready skills and turn them into BJJ. I wonder why the Gracie camps readily take in wrestlers?

I give you that GSP and AS do not come from a wrestling background, but how much 'grappling' do those guys do? Had GSP wrestled in HS or whatever the French-Canadian equal is, he would have been world champ by his current ethics.

Can anyone give me a number of the % of the current Top 20 of MMA fighters who have a grappling background? A list of the Top 50?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #1750

I have no deep seeded hatred of wrestlers.

What I hate is that 70% of these new ones or more just want to do a take down lay on someone and throw some short punched for 15 minutes and get a win.

If I wanted to watch wrestling I would watch it on ESPN.

If I want to watch boxing I would watch it.

I want to watch MMA MIXED martial arts. It says MIXED for a damn reason. Mixed doesn't mean throw a looping punch that has no power just to set up a take down so you can throw baby rabbit punched for the next 14 and a half minutes.

You use striking, wrestling, bjj, Muay Thai, TKD, what ever to beat your opponent.

Just like if you paid money to see a football game and they all came out and played baseball in football outfits.

Part of me thinks Zuffa and White are going to milk this gravy train for every dime then when they have takin it to a side show freak kind of way with stupid stuff they will bow out and retire to their island. I think they should slow down on the PPV fights. I know I don't get many PPV fights because they are $55 each I have bills and can't always afford to spend that much on fights. That was why I loved WEC, Strikeforce, Pride, Sengoku ect... they had fights for free. If UFC lowered the cost of their PPV to $25 for SD and $35 for HD they would I'm sure make a bunch more money. I can tell the time oh the fight is only $35 and she would be more apt to not give me **** for three weeks about it.

So i'm still sick of wrestlers screwing up my MMA.