Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Official MMA Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Why isn't Faber in the UFC yet? What a great talent he is.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:53 AM   #112

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Why isn't Faber in the UFC yet? What a great talent he is.
Faber is 145 pounds. The UFC bottom line is 155. Faber is a large 145, but he would be over-powered by the likes of a Sherk or a Tyson Griffin in the UFC at 155.

So, in short, that's why. Plus he just lost to Mike Brown and has a rematch with Jens Pulver that is going to be one fo the best free fights this year....

JD

Old 01-25-2009, 02:06 AM   #113

OMG!!!!

Paul Buentello just put a CLINIC on Baby Fedor. That was a full keg of Whoop-@ss that The Head Hunter just put on the 21 year old from Mother Russia.

3rd Round stoppage by the Dr. - in my mind, that was a very smart stoppage, this kid was in the deep end, COMPLETELY over his head. He had NO BUSINESS being in there with a guy who can hit like Buentello.

Good fight for Paul who needs some momentum at this point in his career.

JD

Old 01-25-2009, 02:48 AM   #114

Holy Knock Out Batman - Vitor Belfort just knocked the F**K out of Matt Linland in their 185 pound fight. Linland was down, out and twitching for over a minute.

Linland, to his credit, did stand and accept the decision after the fact and did not get carried out, but he got KTFO and never knew what hit him.

Vitor at 185 pounds is a tough fight for anything, with the possible exception of Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen....

JD

Old 01-25-2009, 03:26 AM   #115

Wow! Really disappointed with the performance of Josh Barnett. Barnett won the fight easily, having mount in each of the three rounds, but Barnett never unleashed his nasty submission skills. After 2.5 rounds of dominant position Barnett ended up winning and will have the winner of the Fedor/Arlovski fight.....

Barnett, classy as always, was not happey with his performance and promises better the next time out.......

Up next is the main event. I SOOOO hope Fedor doesn't get another lay down ( thrown Tim Sylvia - Yes, you did ) win. I want a good fight.

If this one goes 36 seconds & done, then WAMMA is officially a joke and I will never buy a PPV card they are attached too.....

More to follow....

Old 01-25-2009, 03:48 AM   #116

****!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently I need to get my training in line and challenge because I DO NOT believe that Fedor won that fight, I believe that Arlovski's chin LOST that fight.

My chin could take that shot - as a matter of fact, I would bet that a LOT of guys could take that overhand right from Fedor and survive...

Fedor is a nice guy, but his fans are a bunch of nuthugging fags and I am TIRED of hearing that Fedor would beat ANYONE on the planet.

I will not buy the next Affliction card, not that there will be one, if Fedor does not face Barnett. Anything else is a joke and I am not sure Barnett, after the performance I saw tonight, can "beat" Fedor.

Fedor - I respect you as a fighter, but I don't think you are the best in the world. I believe that your management, M1 Global, has protected you and put you in the ring with cans, or paid to lose fighters. You might have beat Arlovski, but that doesn't mean it's on the up and up...

I'm John Dillinger and I would fight Fedor for less than the $800K they paid Sylvia and much less than the $1 Million they paid Arlovski...

JD

Old 01-25-2009, 04:53 AM   #117

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Fedor - I respect you as a fighter, but I don't think you are the best in the world. I believe that your management, M1 Global, has protected you and put you in the ring with cans, or paid to lose fighters. You might have beat Arlovski, but that doesn't mean it's on the up and up...JD
JD, I've had my suspicions about the Affliction and the one that has Kimbo. Seems like some guys make some $$ and they wanna compete with the UFC or WEC. I love the WEC 'cause it's free, for now.

BTW, I don't think the Faber vs. Pulver will be nearly as entertaining as the first. JMHO.

I will have doubts of the UFC if Penn wins by split decision. I believe that he (Penn) won the first one. That will make a BJP/GSP III. At $45.00 a pop min, that's a load of dough.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #118

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
BTW, I don't think the Faber vs. Pulver will be nearly as entertaining as the first. JMHO.
Agreed. Faber will beat him soundly again. No contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I will have doubts of the UFC if Penn wins by split decision. I believe that he (Penn) won the first one. That will make a BJP/GSP III. At $45.00 a pop min, that's a load of dough.
GSP won the first one (pretty soundly IMO) however the difference is that GSP has evolved into a monster while BJ's ability has not grown enough to accommodate his ego.

This should end quickly unless BJ has learned how to run fast

Old 01-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #119

Pulver / Faber II will be a good fight. Faber is the better all around fighter - but don't discount Pulver's ability to absorb big shots and deliver some of the hardest punches at 145.

Elite XC - the company that had Kimbo, was a joke. They were definitely a shady operation.

Affliction seems to be on the up and up and they really take good care of their fighters. They pay big money and they really care about their fighters. No one will argue that.

However I will go to my deathbed thinking that the Fedor/Sylvia fight was rigged. There are too many "coincidences" for my liking.

Last night's fight card was very well balanced and they did a great jbo of putting together a list of fights everyone wanted to see. Their production value needs work, as does their promotion program. That said, we will have to see what they did in ticket sales and what they got in PPV buys to see if they have another show.

I hope they do, because they have some great fighters under contract, but they are a LONG ways from competing with the UFC.

GSP pretty much man handled BJ the last time. The only area that BJ won was the stand up. GSP has come a LONG ways since their first fight. GSP may be the most dangerous fighter in the world NOT named Anderson Silva.

If BJ can't catch GSP with a good hard punch, it's going to be a mauling like a Polar Bear on a baby seal.

JD

Old 01-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #120

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Personally I think GSP will own Penn throughout the fight. I don't think B.J. can hang with the animal that George has become.

One fight that I am really looking forward to is Clay (Captain Caveman) Guida vs. Nate Diaz. I hope Clay schools this little punk and teaches him some humility by way of humiliation.

clay_guida_prev.jpg

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp