Officer Lovejoy is charged... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Officer Lovejoy is charged...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well, along with his sentance, he could possibly have to pay a fine as well. Wouldnt that count as him re-paying for another K-9?

I reject your reality and substitute my own...

Old 09-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #12
LEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARShooter View Post
Well should'nt he also have to pay for the cost of the dog, I know that the training for them is pretty expensive and the dog is not cheap either. If a private citizen plowed into a police car they would have to pay for the repairs, why should'nt Lovejoy have to pay for the property he destroyed?
The difference is that the dog was issued to him as department property. If he lost his gun or damaged his radio due to negligence... he has to pay for the replacement cost.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here in Indiana Police dogs are considered officers,be glad this wasn't in the Hoosier State!

Old 09-23-2007, 02:28 AM   #14

Yup, would have been a felony here in Indiana.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #15

Inexcusable, no matter which way you look at it...........

Well behaved women rarely make history!

The Gun Lounge

Old 09-24-2007, 01:22 AM   #16

What are they going to do to him, he is a cop. He will get away with it just like the ones that go out and get drunk and then go for a drive and hit sombody. I did several ride alongs back when I was planning on becoming a cop and more then once the drunk driver that was pulled over was a cop and so he was sent on his way. As they drove off you could watch them swerving all over the place. I'm sorry, I don't have much respect for cops. I know there have to be some good ones out there but I'm still waiting to meet one that's not crooked.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #17

There is always going to be a few bad apples in the bunch. The ones that take their power to new extremes, the ones that think they are exempt from the law because they wear a badge.

I like to think that most cops, not all, but most, got into the profession for all the right reasons, of course I know we don't live in a perfect world. All too often you hear about corrupt figures in top positions in our society. How many of these figures get away with murder? Many it seems, on this side of the fence, but it might be a different story on the other side of the law.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...

Old 09-27-2007, 05:57 PM   #18

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97powerstroke View Post
What are they going to do to him, he is a cop. He will get away with it just like the ones that go out and get drunk and then go for a drive and hit sombody. I did several ride alongs back when I was planning on becoming a cop and more then once the drunk driver that was pulled over was a cop and so he was sent on his way. As they drove off you could watch them swerving all over the place. I'm sorry, I don't have much respect for cops. I know there have to be some good ones out there but I'm still waiting to meet one that's not crooked.
It's intresting to note that police have a very high rate of alcoholism due to the profession, yet have the LOWEST rate of drunk driving arrests by profession also. Typical, "do as I say, not as I do". Bill T.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:38 AM   #19

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Lunchbox and ARShooter, I totally agree!
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 09-28-2007, 12:49 AM   #20

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97powerstroke View Post
Way off topic, but...
Pleased to meet you, Bill T. Please do not condem the entire profession because of your very limited observation of bad behavior. I've arrested cops, for DUI, rape, child abuse, murder and corruption. One was my own police chief.

I've also seen bad behavior by clergy, government officials, scout leaders, teachers, physicians and others we are supposed to look up to. They are not ALL bad, and neither are the cops. 99% are laying their asses on the line.

I have no way of knowing where you rode along, but consider that it may be a local problem.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved