Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Officer Fired For Threatening To Kill CCW Holder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 01:22 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
Id try to sue for as much as I could and probably go over board with the victim roll.. why not right? Lol
Ya know, sometimes I feel the same way. It'd be nice to luck into a way to get super rich, super easy. I don't know if I would go through with it. I've had to sue someone once, a worker's comp insurance company for lost wages when I was injured on the job, and even though that money was already mine, I felt that the hassle was so much that it wasn't even worth it.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #22

Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Firing him wont do much. Guarantee this F**K Nut is working for another department already...Unless a Judge was smart enough to yank in LEO certification.

TACK

Old 01-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The fact that this officer would demonstrate that behavior when he must've KNOWN the videotape was recording shows an amazing lack of awareness on his part.
He apparently got into the wrong line of work... so I hope he goes for a career change.
It's tough out there, I know, and he probably had a very bad day (or week) and not enough training so I don't feel a need to prosecute him but I'd say he definitely needs a less "social" job.

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 01-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #24

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

that guy was a dick, either he was having a horrible day or he's just always like that. I mean from what I saw the guy was not aggressive he was cooperative. That guy had zero reason to act that way, I'm glad he got fired who knows what else might have happened down the road or what he might have already done.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 01-16-2012, 01:50 AM   #25

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie
Unfortunately this is becoming too frequent, with police either not knowing firearm laws at all or being a complete tool to anyone exercising their rights...youtube is littered with videos of police harassing legal firearm owners who open carry (especially in NM), I'm all for police like this being removed and civil action brought on them and also people flexing their rights a little more.
I live in new mexico have guns in my gunrack as well as on my front seat have never had one act like that let alone act anyway other than they should

Old 01-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #26

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Ya know, sometimes I feel the same way. It'd be nice to luck into a way to get super rich, super easy. I don't know if I would go through with it. I've had to sue someone once, a worker's comp insurance company for lost wages when I was injured on the job, and even though that money was already mine, I felt that the hassle was so much that it wasn't even worth it.
Yeah my moms friend just got a 700'000 settlement from her job. Took like a year or so to get it... damn it would be nice to luck out like that... oh well ill just wait for my chance XD

Old 01-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20844 Times on 11848 Posts
Likes Given: 52360

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
i agree with the hassle part of it, BTDT before! but sometimes i believe it needs to be done just on a matter of principal and not the amount of money at stake. the idiot needs to be held accountable in some form for his actions and behaviour, and being sued and having to pay for them might make him think about his actions in the future.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #28

Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
Yeah my moms friend just got a 700'000 settlement from her job. Took like a year or so to get it... damn it would be nice to luck out like that... oh well ill just wait for my chance XD
Sorry but I've got to say it.

I find your attitude of "can't wait for my chance to file a lawsuit" Repulsive.

Please PM me your name so I can be sure I never offer you a job.

Tack

Old 01-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #29

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i agree with the hassle part of it, BTDT before! but sometimes i believe it needs to be done just on a matter of principal and not the amount of money at stake. the idiot needs to be held accountable in some form for his actions and behaviour, and being sued and having to pay for them might make him think about his actions in the future.
What happened with me is I got a hernia on the job (I felt it pop out right then and there, dropped me to the ground in pain) and the insurance company tried to claim that I had it before I started working there. Amazing. Like they ever even met me. Come to find out, one of the guys I worked with coincidentally suddenly received a bonus, just so happened that I found out he had been asked by the company owner to talk to the insurance company. Hmmm.....

I put 2 and 2 together, sued the insurance company for my lost wages and pain and suffering (couldn't pay for the surgery out of pocket, so this led to more time in pain with no help fixing it), tried to sue the company, but the lawyer advised against it saying we had no real proof at all, therefor no real case. But what I did do was report them to INS, and they are no longer doing business.

I got 6k out of it all, 4500 after lawyer fees, and the wages that I actually missed out on were over 8k. It kept our heads above water, but that's it. Beyond that, it really wasn't worth it.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #30

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Sorry but I've got to say it.

I find your attitude of "can't wait for my chance to file a lawsuit" Repulsive.

Please PM me your name so I can be sure I never offer you a job.

Tack
It was a joke. XD means cracking up... I wouldn't want wait around for a year not working. So PM me when know a little more internet lingo