Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > An Off Topic Poll

View Poll Results: Your former flame, would you want them to be BETTER looking, or WORSE looking?
Better Looking - Then I have bragging rights 24 58.54%
Worse Looking - I want to know everything was downhill after me. 17 41.46%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default An Off Topic Poll

So, today I was confronted with a situation that while completely off the topic of firearms, was funny and somewhat thought provoking, so I thought I would share it with you....

We have a small/medium sized office staff at my day job, and usually once or twice a month we will get a few of the guys together and go for a long lunch - kind of blow off some steam, bitch about customers, whatever. Basic team building BS.

So today rolls around and there is higher than usual interest, and I am told, in no uncertain terms, that I NEED to make this lunch because there is going to be a good chuckle out of it. So, shame and humiliation at someone else's expense you say? Count me in... LOL

Now, we have a guy who works here who is CONSTANTLY talking about women that he used to hook up with when he was drinking and partying his life away. He has lived in this same town most of his life, so invariably, we will go somewhere and there will be someplace, within a stone's throw of where we go to eat that he met someone, hooked up with someone, got dumped by someone, what have you. It's all the friggin time....

Now, we have another guy who works here that has been friends with him for like 20 years, so he knows all about the old flames and usually is tapped to adhere to the truthfulness of the story. Well, today was when Fate stepped in and kicked Glory Boy right in the sack... LOL

The chosen place to eat was one of our more favorite resturants, they have great burgers and decent eye candy waiting tables. So today, before we head out, the friend, who I shall call Bobby, lets it be known to Glory Boy that an old flame of his, let's call her Brenda, is working at the resturant as a hostess. Well, I'll be. So, Bobby begins to tell us about this chick that Glory Boy was chasing for awhile, she was hot and cold, had him wrapped around her finger. Glory Boy has to jump in every few minutes and talk about the times he got to get with her during that time and that she was hot and great in the sack and so on.... The ride takes about 15 minutes to the resturant, but it started about an hour before we left, so this has been going on awhile.

Well, we walk in and Brenda turns out to be about, I would guess, 150 overweight? Short, squat, kind of Troll like - it wasn't the picture we were led to believe was waiting for us. In any event, she is the hostess, and while she has a pretty enough face, she obviously has seen some better years - but IMMEDIATELY recognizes Glory Boy and turns on the charm.

Needless to say, the harassment is still on going and I am sitting here laughing my hind end off with each subsequent e-mail. Hence the reason for the poll.

If you HAD to come across a former flame, while in the company of other people, would you prefer her, or him , to be BETTER looking that you remember, and have to convince people you were actually with them, or worse looking than you remember, and try to spend the afternoon convincing people they didn't look like that when you were together?

Just a little fun..... and Thankfully not at MY expense... LOL

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #2

dillinger, you amaze me bro. I love the poll.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveguns View Post
dillinger, you amaze me bro. I love the poll.
LOL - Yeah, it's a hollow existence, but it's all mine...

JD

Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #4

NO problem I already have enough labels.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have to go with better looking.....I have a feeling this one will bring some interesting comments/stories!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #6

I too went with better looking. Don't get me wrong as I thought all my ex G/F were beautiful. But as the poll states the better they look the more bragging rights I have.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #7

The downside is, you have to convince the rest of us they actually spent time with YOU... LOL

I voted better looking too. I don't have any truly tragic break up stories - and while they hurt at the time, I am happy now, so they should be happy too.

Now, if that changed tomorrow and I wasn't happy, well then "F" that!!

JD

Old 07-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Is there a group of them or something. I have known a few that were like that.

Man did you ever go back and look at some of the gals in High school you dated. Boy oh Boy did I do some strange things.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

they never look as good in the morning anyways as they did that night

Old 07-23-2008, 12:56 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I had one in high school that I had to blow off on a daily basis - she looked like Olive Oyle from the Popeye cartoons...twenty years later I saw her in a upscale bar/restaurant and she looked like a fashion model! So I said "hello" - she basically blew me off....what goes around comes around....Oh BTW, I was with a couple of friends that DIDN'T believe that she was after me in high school! So I voted "worse" in the poll!

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"