Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Off Topic: Bullying question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Off Topic: Bullying question

My 2nd grade (recently turned 8 yo) daughter have a classmate (Victoria) that picks on her. She doesn't hurt my daughter physically but regularly shouts at her (on her face too) to the point that my daughter cries when she tells us in the evening. We used to ask the teacher to intervene but she told us that my daughter need to learn to handle things on her own (good point but how?).

Victoria is known, since kinder, to be a trouble maker and very sly. She is also part of a 5 "bad girl" group...3 are the worst in the class, 2 are tagging along.

We instructed her to ignore her but she claims it is getting worse and she is obviously getting upset internally. What would you do?

Thank you.

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You may want to consider telling your daughter if she never stands up to Victoria, Victoria may never stop. I think her Teacher needs a talking-to, actually. If I were involved I'd encourage the Teacher to remember their job - NOT to teach 'life lessons' to students, but to enable students to have the best learning environment they can; thus Victoria's actions demand the teacher step in.

Me thinks Victoria needs an ass-whoppin' from a parent; if Victoria has a parent who loves her enough to correct the kid. Victoria may feel powerless at home, so attempts to fix that by bossing kids around/being the aggressor. Perhaps Victoria is witness to domineering? Maybe Vic's mom is beastly, and the kid copies?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #3

Girls are supposed to be Sugar an Spice and Everything Nice. But least we forget that females are tough, tougher then men. This bully is taking a toal on your girl. Probably her focus on her studies is being compromised by her attention with this bully.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #4

I would suggest that your girl use Stealth and wait for the opertune

Old 11-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #5

Physical contact with this bully may only escalate matters and put your girl in trouble with her teachers. My suggestion is have your girl hit the bully where it really hurts that being the bullies mental state. If you can't beat them then hire them. Give your daughter extra lunch money and have your girl ask the bully to be her bodyguard. It worked for me when I was in 2nd grade.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlogeo View Post
This bully is taking a toal on your girl. Probably her focus on her studies is being compromised by her attention with this bully.
My daughters studies is fine...she is a straight A student and in top 3 of her class. I am actually thinking that the bullying is caused by envy. The other 2 top students is a boy and an African American girl.

My girl (8yo) is also much bigger than Victoria (7yo) and can take her on physically if needed but we don't want her to get in trouble for that.

Last edited by Poink88; 11-29-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I'd have a talk with her parents. Immediately! If that don't work out then it is 'do or die' time.
Meaning, the next time this girl with her four guards approaches your daughter threateningly, it is time
to punch that face hard as hell. Guarantee that girl and every other person in that school will never
approach her again in that manner. It's a shame it has to be handled that way. Best to nip it in the bud.
They might very well turn out to be best friends afterward. It happened to my sister many years ago.

Last edited by PanBaccha; 11-29-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
dmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post
My daughters studies is fine...she is a straight A student and in top 3 of her class. I am actually thinking that the bullying is caused by envy. The other 2 top students is a boy and an African American girl.

My girl (8yo) is also much bigger than Victoria (7yo) and can take her on physically if needed but we don't want her to get in trouble for that.
You may want to consider the lesson of 'defense of self' to be greater than the 'punishment' by a school behaviour code designed to avoid lawsuits.

Curious - why do you specify the ancestral origin of one student? Does that origin differ than that of your daughter or yourselves? Are you European American? Another?

Good luck!

Old 11-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp View Post
Curious - why do you specify the ancestral origin of one student? Does that origin differ than that of your daughter or yourselves? Are you European American? Another?
Sorry about that but the African American girl (a good friend of ours-my daughter's best friend actually) is a no nonsense girl and doesn't take $hit from anyone and would hit them right back if needed. They don't mess with her. We are Asian.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
dmp

Sometimes, I guess...Violence IS the answer. Maybe when push-comes-to-shove, strive to teach your daughter to protect herself. As-is, it's just noise from a hurting 'bully'; trying to ease HER Pain by inflicting upon others. Good luck, Poink. :cheers: to you!