Off Duty Arrest
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Off Duty Arrest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
AZL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Off Duty Arrest

Last night, our daughter was at the neighbor's house watching a movie, so the wife and I decide to go to Wal Mart sans kid to pick up her last few "I want ___________ for Christmas" presents.

After we get done in white trash hell, we stop for coffee at my Circle K on the way home.

While I wait for the pot to brew (yes, I AM picky and like my coffee fresh) a little commotion starts by the register.

Nothing violent, just some douchebag cussing the girl behind the counter because she is refusing a tobacco and alcohol sale due to no ID.

I get our coffee and head toward the counter.

The guy has a 750ml bottle of Rare Reserve Vodka (think rubbing alcohol in a plastic bottle) and two packs of GPC 100's on the counter.

Now the guy is cussing more loudly....dropping the F Bomb, the C Word, and generally being a douchebag. As yet, no crime has been comitted, as the clerk has not asked him to leave, and disturbing the peace on private property, even in a public access location is a hard one to make stick.

Finally...I suggest to the clerk, that she ask him to leave, to give ME or my wife who is a currently serving officer grounds to act.

The clerk takes the hint, and tells the douchebag to leave.

He refuses, and picks up the vodka and smokes. He puts the smokes into his pocket, and sticks the vodka into his jacket.

BINGO....Now his ass belongs to ME. He has refused to leave (criminal trespass), AND BINGO...SHOPLIFTING (of a controlled substance).

My wife shows her badge and identifies herself, and gives him a chance to put the items back on the counter and leave.

He gets mouthy with her...there's that C Word again...and the "What'cha gonna do? You ain't ****...blah blah blah...I got people 'round here....blah blah blah..."

The next thing he knows....he's face down on the counter, getting hooked up.

My wife would have made a GREAT partner...she had her cuffs out of her purse while I put him into an arm bar, and she hooked him up...and I never had to say a word to her.

On the search incidental and pursuant to arrest, my wife found not one but TWO gram bindles of meth. Stupid tweakers.

I use my cell to call the direct line to dispatch and have a cruiser come by and transport him to the jail. The deputy who came by called a hook to have his truck towed and we gave him the arrest. Paperwork avoidance. We were only a little late getting home.

Good time had by all. Who says there's not a cop around when you need one?

The moral of this story....Don't go to jail for being stupid.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.
Dzscubie Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Now that's positive news! Good to hear. About the wife ... hhmmm ... lucky man!

Old 12-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #3

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1424

That whole thing stinks all around. Sorry he was who he was, sorry he was where he was, sorry he was doing what he was doing, sorry youse had to do what you did.

Question; How is it shoplifting if he hasn’t left the premises?

Old 12-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

He put unpaid for items into his pocket and into his jacket that the clerk had LEGALLY refused to sell. Even if he had (didn't) thrown an amount of money equal to or greater than the cost of the items on the counter and walked out, he would STILL be guilty of larceny under state law governing tobacco and liquor sales. In Arizona...concealment equals shoplifting.

He picked UP those items and placed them into his pocket and into his jacket AFTER a lawful order to leave the premises was given by the clerk who had already refused the sale of controlled substances because he refused to show, or did not posess proper identification.

In Arizona a retail establishment can refuse the sale of alcohol or tobacco FOR ANY REASON...in this case the reason happened to be becasue the guy had no ID. He didn't look "30"...if I had been in her shoes, I'd have refused the sale too. In Arizona, it is a misdemeanor accompanied by an average fine of $500 to sell alcohol or tobacco products to a minor..so she was in a tough spot no matter how the cheese got sliced.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #5

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine
That whole thing stinks all around. Sorry he was who he was, sorry he was where he was, sorry he was doing what he was doing, sorry youse had to do what you did.

Question; How is it shoplifting if he hasn’t left the premises?
Maybe its not actually shoplifting, but it was very clear intent to commit a crime. He put it in his pockets and headed toward the door, on purpose. Close enough in my book.

Hey AZ, was it the same clerk who hit on you? If so, your her hero now. you better watch out, there will be no stopping her.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #6

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1424

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
clerk had LEGALLY refused to sell. . In Arizona...concealment equals shoplifting. . placed them into his pocket and into his jacket AFTER a lawful order to leave the premises. .
Ah, I see, thanks.

Last edited by Vincine; 12-07-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Maybe its not actually shoplifting, but it was very clear intent to commit a crime. He put it in his pockets and headed toward the door, on purpose. Close enough in my book.

Hey AZ, was it the same clerk who hit on you? If so, your her hero now. you better watch out, there will be no stopping her.
No...same store...different clerk. Nice lady though, post-50, working part time for a few extra bucks. ALWAYS nice to everyone...no need to treat her (or anyone like this turd was treating her).

Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

AZL, way to go! you and the wife! idiot must have been on a little bit of his "medication" to be such an %$s. well jail is usually full of stupid people. sounds like he was given a choice to do the smart thing but let stupidity cloud his judgement. gee this will cost him legal fees, impound fees, charges for shoplifting, trespassing and possesion of narcotics. think he gets the message now?

Old 12-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
The moral of this story....Don't go to jail for being stupid.
Is there any other way to go to jail???? I don't believe I ever put anyone in jail who didn't go because they weren't stupid???

Good bust, though! I always love the ones where I don't have to do the paperwork!

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 12-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #10
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Poor guy, why'd ya have to be so mean...he's just a poor misunderstood tweaker trying to enjoy the holidays!!

LMAO!!!!

Good job!! I wished i coulda been present to watch the activities! TOO DAMN FUNNY!!

You know you enjoyed the extra curricular activity to spice up an otherwise uneventful "date night".

Thanks for the laugh...i needed one today!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!