odd range day...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > odd range day...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Default odd range day...

I didn't know where in the hell to post this so, me and my cousin went to his parents property to do a little target practice. We get everything set start to pop off a few rounds nothing really spectacular after a few minutes a guy walks out of the tree line about 60 yards away from where were shooting. Long hair, dirty looking beard he yells at us to keep it down. We didn't say anything just gave him a odd look, he called his mom she said no one else should be on the property so he grabs the 870 I have my carry gun and we start walking to find out what in the hell he was doing there. We found he was camping with four other people they knew the land owner next door so they figured that we wouldn't mind them being there. keep in mind they had to jump a cattle fence to get over to the property with no trespassing signs posted every 10 yards on the fence.

After talking to the older guy the left but honestly what in the hell are people thinking... the signs are there for a reason! I would have called the cops but it takes them a good half hour to reach the area, still makes me angry.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

That's nuts. Are you sure they knew the other owner and just weren't squatters?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 706

did you explain to them that besides them being there illegally, that they had also endangered themselves. what would of happenend if they had been camped behind your targets and someone got hit by accident.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #4

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Almost sounds like a "homeless" camp.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #5

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Opportunity to disappear some occupiers...

Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've had a similar range experience while I was on my family's property doing shooting with my cousins. Long story short a guy decides to come out of nowhere swearing at the top of his lungs and after telling him we were doing nothing wrong and that this was our property he pulls a pistol on both me and my wife. So he calls the police to try to arrest us, but he gets arrested for trespassing.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 01-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #7

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever
I've had a similar range experience while I was on my family's property doing shooting with my cousins. Long story short a guy decides to come out of nowhere swearing at the top of his lungs and after telling him we were doing nothing wrong and that this was our property he pulls a pistol on both me and my wife. So he calls the police to try to arrest us, but he gets arrested for trespassing.
If i was you i would have been the one callin the police to come pick up a body! What th heck reason did he have to pull a gun on you?! Abd the the OP I would have held them there while i sent my buddy to get the police. Tresspassing is against the law. If there werent no tresspasing signs and a fence to let them no it was private property but the fact he yelled at you and ignored the signs and fence would have pi$$ed me off a bit.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 01-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You rich land owners keeping the common man fenced out, don’t you know they have a right to occupy whatever area they want.

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 01-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #9

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigjumpr
You rich land owners keeping the common man fenced out, don’t you know they have a right to occupy whatever area they want.
only reason that didn't tick me off is because I know your joking

Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d View Post
If i was you i would have been the one callin the police to come pick up a body! What th heck reason did he have to pull a gun on you?! Abd the the OP I would have held them there while i sent my buddy to get the police. Tresspassing is against the law. If there werent no tresspasing signs and a fence to let them no it was private property but the fact he yelled at you and ignored the signs and fence would have pi$$ed me off a bit.
I'm not sure as to why he was so irrate, and I'm not sure how he got on the property since we have electric fences, regular metal fences, and barb wire on the property to keep the animals in and such. Now what really gets me is there we around 15-20 of us including the brother of the guy who came on the property. Not to mention we were all armed in some fashion, so my take on it is he either had an extremely bad day and was so irrate he couldn't hardly control himself or extremely ignorant/dumb....... Or both for that matter.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp