Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   odd range day... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/odd-range-day-55120/)

unclebear 01-09-2012 04:40 PM

odd range day...

I didn't know where in the hell to post this so, me and my cousin went to his parents property to do a little target practice. We get everything set start to pop off a few rounds nothing really spectacular after a few minutes a guy walks out of the tree line about 60 yards away from where were shooting. Long hair, dirty looking beard he yells at us to keep it down. We didn't say anything just gave him a odd look, he called his mom she said no one else should be on the property so he grabs the 870 I have my carry gun and we start walking to find out what in the hell he was doing there. We found he was camping with four other people they knew the land owner next door so they figured that we wouldn't mind them being there. keep in mind they had to jump a cattle fence to get over to the property with no trespassing signs posted every 10 yards on the fence.

After talking to the older guy the left but honestly what in the hell are people thinking... the signs are there for a reason! I would have called the cops but it takes them a good half hour to reach the area, still makes me angry.

notdku 01-09-2012 08:13 PM

That's nuts. Are you sure they knew the other owner and just weren't squatters?

jjfuller1 01-09-2012 08:46 PM

did you explain to them that besides them being there illegally, that they had also endangered themselves. what would of happenend if they had been camped behind your targets and someone got hit by accident.

Chandler51 01-09-2012 08:48 PM

Almost sounds like a "homeless" camp.

trip286 01-09-2012 10:21 PM

Opportunity to disappear some occupiers...

Firearms4ever 01-09-2012 10:39 PM

I've had a similar range experience while I was on my family's property doing shooting with my cousins. Long story short a guy decides to come out of nowhere swearing at the top of his lungs and after telling him we were doing nothing wrong and that this was our property he pulls a pistol on both me and my wife. So he calls the police to try to arrest us, but he gets arrested for trespassing.

jon1992d 01-09-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firearms4ever
I've had a similar range experience while I was on my family's property doing shooting with my cousins. Long story short a guy decides to come out of nowhere swearing at the top of his lungs and after telling him we were doing nothing wrong and that this was our property he pulls a pistol on both me and my wife. So he calls the police to try to arrest us, but he gets arrested for trespassing.

If i was you i would have been the one callin the police to come pick up a body! What th heck reason did he have to pull a gun on you?! Abd the the OP I would have held them there while i sent my buddy to get the police. Tresspassing is against the law. If there werent no tresspasing signs and a fence to let them no it was private property but the fact he yelled at you and ignored the signs and fence would have pi$$ed me off a bit.

rigjumpr 01-09-2012 11:07 PM

You rich land owners keeping the common man fenced out, donít you know they have a right to occupy whatever area they want.:p:D

trip286 01-09-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigjumpr
You rich land owners keeping the common man fenced out, don’t you know they have a right to occupy whatever area they want.:p:D

only reason that didn't tick me off is because I know your joking :)

Firearms4ever 01-09-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon1992d (Post 672353)
If i was you i would have been the one callin the police to come pick up a body! What th heck reason did he have to pull a gun on you?! Abd the the OP I would have held them there while i sent my buddy to get the police. Tresspassing is against the law. If there werent no tresspasing signs and a fence to let them no it was private property but the fact he yelled at you and ignored the signs and fence would have pi$$ed me off a bit.

I'm not sure as to why he was so irrate, and I'm not sure how he got on the property since we have electric fences, regular metal fences, and barb wire on the property to keep the animals in and such. Now what really gets me is there we around 15-20 of us including the brother of the guy who came on the property. Not to mention we were all armed in some fashion, so my take on it is he either had an extremely bad day and was so irrate he couldn't hardly control himself or extremely ignorant/dumb....... Or both for that matter.