Obama picks intel outsider to head CIA - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Obama picks intel outsider to head CIA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

alsaqr with all due respect, where did you get your info that the philippine government warned the us against 911 type attacks six years beforehand? If its public knowledge I have not seen nor heard of it.
As far as Bush 1 not being qualified. He was a combat tested Naval Officer.
You sound suspiciously partisan, in your rants.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Having worked intelligence, I can tell you that things are rarely what they seem. The secret is being able to correctly interpret what it is that you're seeing.
We aren't discussing an analyst though. Running a large government agency is an entirely different ball game and one that perhaps the transition team sees as being one that we have been losing. Obviously the public does not know much of what goes on, but when there are scandals involving the CIA and Americans are dying because the U.S. has no strategic vision that I can detect, something must change. I don't know enough about this person to make a judgment on him, but I can at least see where Obama is coming from in appointing an outsider.

I'm no fan of Obama, but I also won't get sucked into the notion that everything he touches turns to ****.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
i dont think al- queda is the only ones we have to worry about. ant cell in the us can hurt us with our own buildings, theres alot of colleges with that have the makings of dirty bombs right in the basements. all some one has to do is cut a small lock set a bomb and 1000's of people are contminated and dying. i hope it is just fear mongers doing what they do best and just talking, but what if its not that easy.
The threat of a dirty bomb was more government fear mongering. Especially since 9/11 all metropolitan are hospitals are set up for both decontamination and mass casualty scenarios.

Though dirty bomb would be designed to disperse radioactive material over a large area, a bomb that uses conventional explosives would likely have more immediate lethal effect than the radioactive material. At levels created from most probable sources, not enough radiation would be present to cause severe illness or death. A test explosion and subsequent calculations done by the United States Department of Energy found that assuming nothing is done to clean up the affected area and everyone stays in the affected area for one year, the radiation exposure would be "moderate", but not fatal. However, the area would be cleaned immediately, making any radiological material a non-issue.

Smoking a pack of cigarettes and eating a pint of ice cream every day for a year poses a larger health threat than the likely radiological contact from a dirty bomb.

Biologicals are a much bigger threat than dirty bombs are. Weapons grade anthrax is within the reach of the average person

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #24

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Our biggest threat now is domestic terrorists trying to eliminate a black president.
I agree.

The s**t storm touched off by such an act would dwarf the impact of any action perpetrated by an outside force...longer lasting, and further reaching with greater implications for restricting individual rights. The enemy from within has always created greater fear and mistrust than the foreign foe.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayettedave View Post
I agree.

The s**t storm touched off by such an act would dwarf the impact of any action perpetrated by an outside force...longer lasting, and further reaching with greater implications for restricting individual rights. The enemy from within has always created greater fear and mistrust than the foreign foe.
Now, If a foreign threat were to egg on and fund a domestic threat, there would be no stopping the combined threat.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Old 01-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Now, If a foreign threat were to egg on and fund a domestic threat, there would be no stopping the combined threat.
Oh I think it could be stopped. Ultimately. It begs the question, though, of what we would be left with at the end.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayettedave View Post
Oh I think it could be stopped. Ultimately. It begs the question, though, of what we would be left with at the end.
Biden as president, or if they really wanted to **** us, Pelosi as president.

Roger Waters

Old 01-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Biden as president, or if they really wanted to **** us, Pelosi as president.
Ah, yes. The Blue B**ch!