Obama picks intel outsider to head CIA - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Obama picks intel outsider to head CIA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:32 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Our biggest threat now is domestic terrorists trying to eliminate a black president.
To what end? Biden is worse than Obama...and Pelosi is worse still. I wonder if Hillary still has access to the nuke codes.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:54 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
This only adds insult to injury when Dianne Feinstein is the head of the Senate Committee on Intelligence.
Even Uber Liberal Feinstein was miffed at Obama's selection of Panetta.
I believe Obama put Panetta (A Weak Willed Bureaucrat) in that position in order to better control the agency for his own purposes. I expect we will get hit hard by summer of 2010. Folks, buy lots of ammo and cleaning supplies.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 01-07-2009, 05:07 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
To what end? Biden is worse than Obama...and Pelosi is worse still. I wonder if Hillary still has access to the nuke codes.
Domestic terrorists take many forms.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:23 AM   #14

Quote:

Our biggest threat now is domestic terrorists trying to eliminate a black president.
You really think so? Personally I would wager that the economy, continued unchecked immigration, and (imo) our future relationship with Israel are probably far greater threats than that.

There might well be a lone-wolf nut type out there who might attempt it, but I doubt a massive, large-scale group effort to kill the President b/c he's black is going to happen.

Not knocking on you, btw. This is just my own view as I see things.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:30 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just to play devil's advocate the intelligence community has ****ed up quite a bit in recent years. We did not stop the 9/11 attacks, Afghanistan has been a disaster since the fall of the Soviet Union, the justification for war in Iraq was based on sketchy intelligence, North Korea has the bomb, and we have no clue what is actually going on in Iran. Perhaps an intelligence community insider is the last thing we need.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Knight View Post
You really think so? Personally I would wager that the economy, continued unchecked immigration, and (imo) our future relationship with Israel are probably far greater threats than that.

There might well be a lone-wolf nut type out there who might attempt it, but I doubt a massive, large-scale group effort to kill the President b/c he's black is going to happen.

Not knocking on you, btw. This is just my own view as I see things.
Even if you were knocking me, your opinion is your right. These things that you list as being threats are what will lead to domestic terrorists. Al-Queda, regardless of what the government would have you believe, is a non-issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd8488 View Post
Just to play devil's advocate the intelligence community has ****ed up quite a bit in recent years. We did not stop the 9/11 attacks, Afghanistan has been a disaster since the fall of the Soviet Union, the justification for war in Iraq was based on sketchy intelligence, North Korea has the bomb, and we have no clue what is actually going on in Iran. Perhaps an intelligence community insider is the last thing we need.
Having worked intelligence, I can tell you that things are rarely what they seem. The secret is being able to correctly interpret what it is that you're seeing.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Last edited by matt g; 01-07-2009 at 05:42 AM.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

i dont think al- queda is the only ones we have to worry about. ant cell in the us can hurt us with our own buildings, theres alot of colleges with that have the makings of dirty bombs right in the basements. all some one has to do is cut a small lock set a bomb and 1000's of people are contminated and dying. i hope it is just fear mongers doing what they do best and just talking, but what if its not that easy.

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

Quote:
The treat is blown out of proportion. What Al-Queda did was a limited attack and took most of their usable operatives. If we were going to see regular attacks, they would have carried on since 2001.

What you're seeing now is by and large Republican fear mongering to make Americans regret their actions on election day.

+1

911 was allowed to happen. For decades it was US policy to give hijackers the airplane along with all its passengers. The airlines did not want to pay for strong lockable cockpit doors.

The blissninnies in the federal government never considered that those benovelent hijackers who were simply making political statements would take control of a plane and crash it into NYC or DC. The warning signs were there for many years. In 1994 the Phillipine government warned the US that Islamic terrorists were planning to crash passenger planes into US buildings. US "intelligence" agencies and the FBI blew it off.

The US started the sky marshall program in the early 70s but it got expensive and was either eliminated or scaled back to nothing.

Now that the Republican party has been reduced to national insignificance they are talking all this "fear" trash. I am not buying it.

Last edited by alsaqr; 01-07-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
It's been said by people in his party, it been said by people in the opposite party, I have said it, other people have said it, we WILL get hit again.

Choices like this just make the job that much easier for the enemy.

My only hope is that the target is Washington DC this time around and we get rid of a few of these "problems" in the tragedy that is going to happen...

Horrible, HORRIBLE choice to head an intelligence agency....

Anyone know where I can get a good bulletproof vest. Dragonskin won't sell to me - yet....

JD
If this keeps up, you'll be able to get Dragonskin at your local convience store... same isle that has ammo & bandaids.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

Big Daddy Bush was the head of the CIA. What did he bring go the job that Panetta does not have. Darn: I know; Bush is a Republican.