NRA questions - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

NRA questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8937 Times on 5345 Posts
Likes Given: 11938

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
WOC, they are a worthwile organization which supports and fights to ensure that our 2A rights will remain intact. It is worth joining them. Please do not let the debate over a small side issue be the deciding factor in your decision. Research the NRA and decide if it is for you or not. That's what I did, and I do not regret joining.
Thanks for the advice. I will do some research for myself.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #32
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8937 Times on 5345 Posts
Likes Given: 11938

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
WOC, they are a worthwile organization which supports and fights to ensure that our 2A rights will remain intact. It is worth joining them. Please do not let the debate over a small side issue be the deciding factor in your decision. Research the NRA and decide if it is for you or not. That's what I did, and I do not regret joining.
Thanks for the advice. I will do some research for myself.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #33
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6827 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
It is strange the NRA was soo bad in Wisconsin. Gov. Walker was supported by the NRA. For the first time very Liberal Wisconsin elected a conservitve. The radiacl left wing very antigun Teachers Union went crazy. They took over the Capital and did millions in damage. Now the Teachers Union is in attack mode they are recalling the Conservitive government. If they can get the Dems back in power Wisconsin citizens will see their new gun rights go down the tube. The Teachers Union has Trolls on ever Gun Forum attacking the NRA who supports the elected Gov. of Wisconsin.
Wisconsin is odd. I grew up in texas and its weird their but wisconsin is over the top.

More than half of the hardcore leftist marxist democrats voted pro-ccw so i guess now lena taylor from milwaukee will get a nra endorsement since she has supported ccw.

Taylor makes obama look like rush limbaugh.

The last time ccw was up for vote it got vetoed by doyle a democrat it was one vote short of being overturned by a democrat controlled legislature. Deciding vote with doyle was a republican.

Nra would get my support if they vetted their endorsements and issue support a little better. I wouldnt vote for lena taylor for dog catcher even though she is pro ccw. My point is thatthe nra just blindly hands out approval to issues and people without consideration of what harm its actually doing.

Its like the wacky prolife and prochoice crap. Those people will flush everything else down the toilet based on that one issue. Once you have powerthen you can vet your candidates on issue basisif they are one off.

Giving support to democrat liberals based solely on a gun vote, is like giving the keys to a kindergarten to the head of nambla just cuz he has pockets to keep em in...

That all being said, i dont want to turn anyone off nra membership its just a problem i have. I have a hard time with it because of the people they endorse. I really am on the fence with it.

If im not mistaken the nra endorsed reagan and he had a huge long history of gun grabbingand signed the biggest gun ban in modern history into law. May he and wayne lapierre rot in hell for it.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 01-28-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #34

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The NRA does not just select people from Washington The NRA members in each state select their choices based on their 2nd stand. Please post the Gun Bills passed by President Reagan during his gun grabs. I am most interested in the major gun grab bill he passed. If you want an organization to fight abortion, gay rights welfare reform don't blame Wayne. We are a single issue group who has been around for 150 years. It has worked. I think you should join some other political action group. The NRA is not right for you.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #35
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2668 Times on 1619 Posts
Likes Given: 14733

KID, i do believe tha Jon is refering to the Firearm owner's Protection Act of 1986. This act, signed into, law by then POTUS Ronald Reagan, is the law that prohibits the sale of fully automatic weapons manufactured after the date that it became a law, to civilians.

Not looking to start a fight, just putting in some food for thought.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #36

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Thx Kfox I had no idea what he was talking about. Wayne Lapierre was most likely in school back then. The Left Wing unions and the Rosie O'Donnell Holly Wood crowd hate Reagen and the NRA. The Gun Owners Protection Act was one of the few things that saved our gun right losses back in those dark days. He never mentioned the Democrats under Chas Rangle had all gun owners in the corner. The NRA which was a marksmanhip program to prepare young men to shoot if needed for war. Its much easier to call a race after its over.The NRA was not yet a political movement. There were no GOA or any of those groups. We were a small group with no funds taking on the DNC,Big Labor, Teachers Unions and Holly Wood to name a few. Did we make mistakes you bet many we were amature fighting the most powerful government on the planet. Did we win well we still have are firearms. Did we grow from those days. Yes from a few 1,000 to over 4 million. The Left tried to kill us 40 years ago we are stll here. No one remembers are enemies but we do. I have posted the Owners Protection Act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act

Last edited by Durangokid; 01-30-2012 at 11:10 PM.