NRA questions - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > NRA questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2111 Times on 1162 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

I am a member. Have been for 4 years now. They are not perfect. But I don't know of a stronger pro gun group out there. What do you get for it? You get someone to stand up with you and fight for your 2nd
Ammendments rights. That is enough for me to keep sending my money every year. Sometimes I send a little extra for whatever they are doing when they ask me. Sometimes I don't. The magazines are great. But that is not why I am a member.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #22

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Aside from my membership dues, I only donate to the NRA-ILA, as they supposedly are SOLELY concentrated on the legal actions taken to overturn anti2A laws. (think Heller, and the guy in Chicago, who's names slips my mind).

Old 01-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #23
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2161 Times on 1325 Posts
Likes Given: 12102

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
So fox: Do you park your car "out in the open"?
Yes I do, but a car owner, if his/her vehicle is used in a crime without his knowledge, is not legally liable unless his keys are left in it, a gun owner is, atleast under my home states laws. New York is almost as bad as California (worse on some matters). Even if your gun is locked in your truck and your truck is stolen, you are liable for any crime commited with that gun. Or if it is found by an unauthorized person, and they accidentaly shoot someone with it. You are liable. Do you leave your guns out, loaded, in the open when you are not home? Or do you properly store them when they are not on your person, or in sight of you? Responsible behavior gives the antis a lot less ammo to use against us. Our 2A rights, which I fully stand for, come with a certain set of responsabilties. Ignoring those responsibilities, will lead to the loss of those rights.

I am not trying to pick a fight. I do respect your opinions, and only ask the same courtesy from you. Hopefully this will help you understand why I have issue with that matter, and why I posted what I did. The only time my guns are "left out in the open" is when I am in control of them. No other time, no exceptions. I lost a very close friend my senior year of high school to an accident that would not have happened, If the pistol my other friend shot him with had been properly locked up while his parents were at work. One "Oh Sh!t" ended the life of a 19 year old with a very promising future. I don't want that to happen to anyone else that I care about, that was a bad Christmas and New Years for about five different families, mine included.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #24

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

It is strange the NRA was soo bad in Wisconsin. Gov. Walker was supported by the NRA. For the first time very Liberal Wisconsin elected a conservitve. The radiacl left wing very antigun Teachers Union went crazy. They took over the Capital and did millions in damage. Now the Teachers Union is in attack mode they are recalling the Conservitive government. If they can get the Dems back in power Wisconsin citizens will see their new gun rights go down the tube. The Teachers Union has Trolls on ever Gun Forum attacking the NRA who supports the elected Gov. of Wisconsin.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #25

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Political debate now or what

Wyoming is what America was

Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
Political debate now or what

Wyoming is what America was
Unfotunately, this is a very common occurence in this type of thread.

Join or don't join the NRA, mini vs. AR, Mossberg vs. Remington, pit bulls, good or bad, etcetera.

If a person has a strong belief about something, expect a debate.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #27

Liked 93 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
I lost a very close friend my senior year of high school to an accident that would not have happened, If the pistol my other friend shot him with had been properly locked up while his parents were at work. One "Oh Sh!t" ended the life of a 19 year old with a very promising future. .....
So your other friend shoots one of your close friends and its the parent's fault? And you want to hold the parents liable!

This is exactly the kind of EMOTIONAL gun control thinking that the NRA has to fight every year! I just sent my dues in with a extra year and a ILA donation added to it.

Good Day Sir

Old 01-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
So your other friend shoots one of your close friends and its the parent's fault? And you want to hold the parents liable!

This is exactly the kind of EMOTIONAL gun control thinking that the NRA has to fight every year! I just sent my dues in with a extra year and a ILA donation added to it.

Good Day Sir
I do agree with the law, and I obey it. I do not hold the parents liable, THE STATE does. My wife and I still help with their land, visit with them, and hunt on their land. They are like family to me.

Can we just agree to disagree? Good, you are a member. Thank you for supporting the 2A rights of all Americans. I do the same. I have been a life member since 1988, I just don't happen to agree with one thing, that's not enough for me to cancel my membership. I am not trying to step on your rights. I'm sorry if you saw it that way, that was not my intent.

If you will please take the time to reread my post, you will notice that it IS A LAW in my home state, not just an emotional response. Blame the law of the land. As far as locked up guns, it is the indvidual's choice in the end, but in any State you must be ready to deal with the legal and moral repercusions of your actions. Emotional response? I have had close to 20 years to think about it, emotional responses are instant, as was your reaction to my statement. I have had almost 20 years to think about this matter, and was raised ( as were my mother and father, and my grandparents) that when a firearm is not in use, it is to be secured. Not emotion, just training.

I would like you to calmly explain to me how any part of what I posted is anti 2A. Who knows, you may change my mind on this, if you do not attack my personal beliefs and upbringing. I posted what happened to Frank as an example of why I disagree with the ILA on one proposed national and current state law. The fact of the matter is that IF that 10 mm colt had been locked up, Mike and Terry would still have their son, and Mike would still have that pistol. End of story. I posted it to help you understand where I am coming from, and it was but one reason for such feelings. I sincearly appologize for the fact that I have upset you as that was not my intent, but please do not attack me for exercising my 1A rights. I am not stepping on yours, do not step on mine.

Last edited by kfox75; 01-28-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #29
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8507 Times on 5085 Posts
Likes Given: 11134

I have not joined the NRA yet as threads like this make me wonder if I should or not.

If they are sending mailings several times a week asking for money, I wonder if they could save a little money for something more useful by not sending so many requests to each member per week.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I have not joined the NRA yet as threads like this make me wonder if I should or not.

If they are sending mailings several times a week asking for money, I wonder if they could save a little money for something more useful by not sending so many requests to each member per week.
WOC, they are a worthwile organization which supports and fights to ensure that our 2A rights will remain intact. It is worth joining them. Please do not let the debate over a small side issue be the deciding factor in your decision. Research the NRA and decide if it is for you or not. That's what I did, and I do not regret joining.