Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   NRA questions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/nra-questions-56079/)

stoppingpower 01-22-2012 11:06 PM

NRA questions

Should I join and what do I get out of it? I know it supports our second but do they do anything else?

Wyoming is what America was

Shoobee 01-22-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppingpower (Post 685712)
Should I join and what do I get out of it? I know it supports our second but do they do anything else?

NRA is a formidable lobby that protects gun rights, correct.

They have always done an excellent job.

If you join, you get to choose between a hunting magazine or a shooting magazine. The hunting magazine is one of the best.

If you like your gun, you should consider joining, yes.

danf_fl 01-23-2012 12:35 AM

They also have a self-defense magazine. America's 1st Freedom.
I like the shooting magazine better though.

(by joining, you help to keep the 2nd amendment in place.)

Gatoragn 01-23-2012 12:45 AM

I am a member, but have mixed emotions.

NRA endorses Harry Reid, that is making me think long and hard about re-newing next time.

stoppingpower 01-23-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn

NRA endorses Harry Reid, that is making me think long and hard about re-newing next time.

Who is he?

Shoobee 01-23-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn (Post 685929)

That means Harry Reid must be a pretty good guy. Maybe you should change parties instead?

Gatoragn 01-23-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppingpower (Post 685934)
Who is he?

Harry Reid is the currently the US Senate majority leader and represents Nevada.

downsouth 01-23-2012 01:12 AM

Harry Reid is not a good guy. Nor are his three lobbiest sons who funnel him money. The reason the NRA endoreses him is because he has not voted poorly on gun issues. NRA is a single issue organization.

LONGHAIR 01-23-2012 08:59 AM

The NRA is coming to St.Louis in April ...So I hear as of now.....I think I'll check-it out....

wjnfirearms 01-23-2012 11:27 AM

I'm a member, but I'm not crazy about their constant begging for money, especially if you ever donate to any of their side funds like PAC. They hound you constantly. I know it gakes money to do what they do, but I think they get a bit carried away and it can get annoying.

Their politics have come under fire in recent days. The Harry Reid thing is an example.

Their yearly conference was here last year and it was a "must attend". The vendors area is a gun owners wet dream. I'm hoping it comes back here in the forseeable future. With the attendance figures they boasted here, They'd be crazy not to.