Nra - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Nra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #111
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3456 Times on 1780 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I have been a member of NRA on and off several times over the past 25 years. I think that they are a little overboard on some of the things that are being easily abused in our country today. For example, some of the ammunition that is being produced that serves no purpose than penetrating body armor or bullet proof vests to kill the person wearing it. That type of round should not be available for anyone outside law enforcement and/or military. Some assault weapons need to be restricted from certain people having them.

We are all in favorite of the 2nd Amendment, but the Founding Fathers who wrote it would be mortified at what weapons have developed today that are being abused in the streets. And the police are facing these everyday.

However, the NRA is taking on a relentless foe of our 2nd Amendment rights and they need out support.
Step away from the Brady Kool Aid. What ammunition are you referring to? Armor piercing handgun ammunition is illegal in all 50 states and cannot be imported for civilian sale. Centerfire rifles will penetrate soft body armor. So? Soft body armor is not designed to stop centerfire rifle ammo, it is designed to stop specific handgun rounds. Construction hard hats will not stop falling steel girders, that does not mean steel girders should be outlawed.

Assault rifles? Once again, step away from the Kool Aid. An AR-15 is not an assault rifle any more than a Chevy Cobalt is a NASCAR ready car. Referring to a rifle by a misapplied title does not cause it to be that other weapon. Using this line of reasoning, any vehicle with a V-8 engine or turbo charger is an assault car and should be resticted to Military/LE. The whole argument is a sham.

I am the NRA. I have been a Life Member for over 15 years.
I am also full time LE. Over 25 years.

The NRA has made some decisions I do not agree with over the years. I will not throw out the baby with the bath water. I strive to prevent bad decisions in the future.

Police Officers have made some decisions I do not agree with over the years. I strive to prevent bad decisions in the future.

Newest Threads