Nra - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Nra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Exactly, which is why I now consider them a "necessary evil". They've strayed quite far from the Charleton Heston days.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #102

Default Nra

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
The NRA began as a group of firearms enthusiasts who were thrust into the role of Second Amendment saviors, since no other group was big enough or organized enough to do the job. JOIN THE NRA.

It gives you a voice.

Do I always agree with their positions? NO! I would make them less tolerant and more strident, BUT - many of the guns you can buy today are there ONLY because the NRA stood up and said, "Wait a minute - we've got more than 2 million members who believe differently."

When we get to five or six million members, maybe we can start to relax.

Don't forget, many liberals in this country want ALL handguns removed from private citizens' hands. So the NRA is not just about rifles.
I agree 100%

A armed man is a citizen. A unarmed man is a subject.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #103

I just joined last month

Old 07-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #104

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclinto View Post
I just joined last month
Welcome to the club.

Layton

Old 11-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #105

Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum also. Interesting discussion with pro & con views on why being a NRA member. It should all be basic commonsense to both sides. We ask ourselves: Does a citizen have the right to protect himslef, family members, home and property? I think everyone would agree the answer is yes. Even though the NRA classifies itself as a Non-Profit organization, we can't deny that the it is a business; it employs people and pays salaries like many other non-profit organizations do. It therefore has a vested interest and agenda that may not agree with some people. However, their vested interest is what makes it possible for the NRA to at least protect our second ammendment rights that allow us to "legally" bare arms and protect ourselves, family, home and property should it become necessary. Without a vested interest it could not exist or have any reason to?

I've also heard other discussions in past years. If left-wing government could diminish or eliminate the right of citizens to protect themselves and bare arms, this could set in motion precedence to diminish other constitutional rights we treasure. We are seeing these very things occur today, not only with a right to bare arms, but with freedom of speech issues. When a government becomes too powerful and corrupt, the first two citizen rights it goes after are these two freedoms. One need only look at countries where these freedoms do not exist, yet crime continues and much of it perpetrated by government over the people. We saw on TV news stations how the corrupt government of Iran turned on its own people, firing on them and taking lives; in some cases assasinations. Would they have been so readily inclined if citizens had the right to bare arms as we do? Perhaps. But the outcome of what the people desire for their own country under corrupt leadership may have turned out differently. There's a lot to think about in today's world concerning the preservation of our Constitutional rights. Our founding fathers understood how government becomes corrupt. Human nature, to date, is the same now as it was under the founding father. I would prefer a world free of guns and killings, but that is not reality. Even the Amish people bare arms and go hunting, rifle and bows. I know, I visit and stay in the homes in Lancaster, PA. So for the time being, in my opinion, at least in this lifetime, the NRA is a necessity we can't do without. The bigger the membership, the more our government (especially ultra left wing politicians), wil pay attention and know they can't get away with establishing a government based on the model of another country that hasn't our fought and died for freedoms.

Last edited by Focused; 11-17-2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Old 11-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #106

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAction View Post
The Rights of Every firearm owner in this country is constantly being attacked by members of Congress, The Senate, The United Nations, Our State Legislatures, The NAACP, The Brady Campaign, The Joyce Foundation, and the many anti-second amendment lobbyist in this country. We need a voice of our own, if not, our rights will perish. The 2nd Amendment is not about sport shooting or hunting; it's about the right to bear arms.

That is why I support the NRA with my membership. Watch these Videos on the UN Gun Debate with Wayne LaPierre and Rebecca Peters. If you don't know who Rebecca Peters is, I recommend you google her name on the search engines.

NRA: Great UN Gun Debate (Part 1)
YouTube - NRA: Great UN Gun Debate (Part 1)

NRA: Great UN Gun Debate (Part 2)
YouTube - NRA: Great UN Gun Debate (Part 2)

NRA: Great UN Gun Debate (Part 3)
YouTube - NRA: Great UN Gun Debate (Part 3)

NRA: Great UN Gun Debate (Part 4)
YouTube - NRA: Great UN Gun Debate (Part 4)

when I watched part 2, it made me want to punch that stupid b!tch in the face.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #107

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeShane View Post
when I watched part 2, it made me want to punch that stupid b!tch in the face.
OH MY GOD #3 is worse. No Semi Auto's? that would include autoloading rifles and shotguns, which is perfectly fine for hunting, not designed to kill large numbers of people. WOW it amazes me the stupidity of people.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #108

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

You simply have to remember the people like the bitch in the video are idiot's. They don't have a clue. Just like our President. He won't even call the Fort Hood shooter a TERRORIST! Yet if he had the power he would disarm you in a heartbeat. These people, ALL OF THEM, are crazy and have zero perception of the real world. We can't shoot them, so the best practice is to simply ignore them. Bill T.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #109

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Join the GOA.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #110

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

its been a few hours later and I am still sick from hearing the crap flow out of her mouth. im thinking about starting an organization to ban Rebecca Peters. Who's on board?