Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Nra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Nra

should a be part of the NRA? Can I be? I don't really know much about it?

But, do you have to have a rifle to be apart? I'm a big handguns guy, more just interest, less action though.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not part of it. Seems a little too egostistical for me. More a title than a group that really matters.

Like it's good to say you are a supporter of the NRA, but it doesn't REALLY matter.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss0105 View Post
Like it's good to say you are a supporter of the NRA, but it doesn't REALLY matter.
You are kidding, right? That is like saying that it is good to say you are a voter, but it doesn't REALLY matter. If you want to preserve something (like say a centuries-old tradition of rights) there are times when you have to stand up and be counted. Congress doesn't read web-sites, they read polling results, and voting results. Groups who lobby congress in order to represent _your_ interests are your only real hope that representative government will actually _BE_ representative. ANY and ALL groups that will speak for us collectively are worth joining, so that when some politician asks, "who really cares about this issue" they can answer with the number of members they represent.

Politicians listen to groups whose members actually vote, and they pay close attention to the SIZE of those groups.

Talking about it is nice, but for you (or anyone) to REALLY matter, you had better stand up and be counted.

That is true for any issue, anywhere!

Don't just join one group, join 3 or 4. That way you'll count for more.

Uncle Who

Old 04-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #4

Default Right on target, Uncle Who!

The NRA began as a group of firearms enthusiasts who were thrust into the role of Second Amendment saviors, since no other group was big enough or organized enough to do the job. JOIN THE NRA.

It gives you a voice.

Do I always agree with their positions? NO! I would make them less tolerant and more strident, BUT - many of the guns you can buy today are there ONLY because the NRA stood up and said, "Wait a minute - we've got more than 2 million members who believe differently."

When we get to five or six million members, maybe we can start to relax.

Don't forget, many liberals in this country want ALL handguns removed from private citizens' hands. So the NRA is not just about rifles.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #5

NRA, GOA. Pick one that meets your needs and join otherwise you will loose your rights to Keep and Bear Arms.

MY DOG IS SMARTER THAN MOST POLITICIANS

Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't always agree with the NRA's positions or how it plays its game, but they're our 800-lb gorilla, and they have the resources and political clout to keep the Second Amendment's head above water.

God, grant me the courage to do what I know is right, even when I think it is hopeless.

www.michiganmilitia.com

Old 04-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #7

http://www.nra.org/home.aspx

Membership in the NRA is a must if you own firearms of any kind or just believe in the 2nd amendment.
The membership is $35/year and that includes your choice of some great magazines. You can usually get a discount on the membership at a gun show, about $25 I think.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #8

I am a member and have been, on and off, for last 35 years. I don't always agree with tactics ,but I agree with political aims. I have a choice like all free people on this planet. I intend on keeping it that way.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Nra?

Hello all

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

AM I a MEMBER OF THE NRA? No, Not a Chance in HELL! I was a member for years, while I was in the Military I saw them leave me hanging Dry In Calif as well as in Wash state on issues as they said we "Can't Win, so we won't try"! I support the GOA, as well a s a lot of Smaller, local groups who know the guns rights issues and will support my rights! NRA way to willing to sell us out of the Assault Rifle Bills and so many other items! 800 Pound Gorilla? Naw, More like the 800 pound goons who turn thier back on you when ya need them most! Sorry, not trying to start a flame war, just telling you my experience with them over 25 years and they have got no better! If they were to dump La Perre it might get better! If they were to really support the rights of all gun owners, not just those they want to, it might be better!

In short, let your experience be your guide, but don't buy the Hype, look and see what they have done locally and nationally and make up your mind, our Decisions are the only real defense to our weapons ownership, after all!

RON L

Old 05-28-2007, 07:16 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am not now and never will be a member. To me they are a "gun nut" group not a gun enthusiast group.