Now I understand my wife!!!!!
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Now I understand my wife!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 1930 Posts
Likes Given: 1433

Default Now I understand my wife!!!!!

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 354 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 186

Thats pretty funny, thanks for sharing that.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2749 Times on 1500 Posts
Likes Given: 788

You just think you understand your wife. Know her? Maybe. Understand her? Never.
man-woman-control-panel.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #4

Liked 2119 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

I understood her years ago.
People Like This 
Old 04-25-2014, 11:25 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

at any point i think i ever understand my wife, it may be time for me to get some serious mental help!
People Like This 
Old 04-26-2014, 02:05 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1295 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Guy finds a genie on the beach and is granted one wish. He requests a bridge from California to Hawaii. Genie says that's impossible, I'll give you another wish. Guy says I want to understand women. Genie says two or four lanes?
People Like This 
Old 04-26-2014, 03:17 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1510 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 1639

Understand the wife..............Yeah Right !................

Last edited by 303tom; 04-26-2014 at 03:27 AM.
People Like This 
Old 04-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #8

Liked 3610 Times on 2062 Posts
Likes Given: 2495

And I thought seeing Bigfoot riding a Unicorn, the other day, was going to be my most surreal experience this week!
People Like This 
Old 04-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #9
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7790 Times on 3987 Posts
Likes Given: 8876

Its so true, watched it after I got home from work. I didnt get 30 seconds into it before my wife was doing that which he described! I wasnt in my Empty file box, I was excising my absorption Box. While I was trying to absorb what he was saying, my wife became irritated that I was just sitting there as she decided it was time to "fidget clean" (organize random drawers, clear out my little collection spots etc)! At the same time she's hitting me with about 5 different honey do tasks and asking if Im listening to her. Mind you, she wasnt saying a word until the video started playing!

After 25 years, she knows that the first thing I do when I come home is let the work crap leave my brain for a few minutes. The only way I can do that is by De-focussing by a self imposed quiet time. Give me 20 minutes and Im ready to rock but deny me and im good for nothing but a headache for me and anyone in my way of Peace and Quiet! She did hear some of what he said, chuckled a couple times and said she may not appreciate him that much (The Truth does sting a bit)!!!

How about the check up Phone calls? Im at work and she calls to check up on me, first words are always "What are you doing?", any answer I give is mostly meaningless unless your an Electronics Technician, she is not an E-tech so it just seems silly to even ask! My answer is often something like "Im standing on a 12' stepladder and adjusting a Data Projector", her next response is "Oh, I didnt mean to bother you, why did you answer?", followed by me saying something like "Because you called and thats usually what I think Im supposed to do when you call me" (this can go on for a while), all the time Im balanced on a ladder holding tools and trying not to get broken bones before I come home. She clearly knows that my job can be dangerous aside from meeting, very physical installations and repairs, none of which my employer thinks I should be distracted from while they are paying me. If I say something negative about her timing, she gets mad!

Even when she knows what I am doing, I get the call. What are you doing?, "Im ripping out the bedroom walls like I told you I would be doing 3 hours ago", "her response, "Hows that going?", back to me, "Pretty good until I fell off the ladder into a pile of Lath trying to get the phone and I am now bleeding profusely from the rusty square nail holes in my arm that are filled with plaster and horse hair remnants". "Oh sorry, I was just calling to tell you Im on my way home from the shopping and I bought a ....". Honestly, that bit of info could have waited till sh got here but here it comes. I love my wife to death, she may be the death of me yet but I love her anyways!

I wake up about 5:00 every morning, my wifes snoring doesnt keep her awake but my creeping out silently somehow does. She came downstairs and crashed on the couch while I sit here and type. She's gonna wake up in a few minutes and say "Pops, What are you doing?" even though she knows full well im sitting here 15 feet away clicking, drinking coffee and occasionally petting the pooch! So predictable its funny but thats part of what I love about her.

Sadly, people want Men and Women to be the same, were the same in species only! Trying to remove gender from biology and heredity is a foolish and impossible task, like taking the letter "F" out of the word "Way", there aint no F in Way!!!! We are very different as a rule, our brains, bodies and internal wiring isnt the same even if it seems close enough for government work. I do appreciate those differences as well as recognize their value in the scheme of lives we maneuver from very different perspectives.

I dont like the hassle of wifely mind bending sometimes but on the whole it serves us both better than without it, (Hell, I might spend a much greater percentage of my time on FTF if she didnt nag me). That sounds like fun but it doesnt pay the bills, fix the house or pump up the flat tire on her car (she blamed on me because of my driveway carpentry work, nails and such)!

In the end, I say "Viva La Differance" (French for live with it or pay a price thats not worthy or wise). I may like BSing with my BF George more than listening to my wife ask me about things that arent even close to the forefront of my grey matter but she smells and looks better on her worst day than George on his Best one!

Update- she woke up, said What are you doing, I broke down laughing and showed her this thread. I need to work on the dog house this morning, its a little cold out still...

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 04-26-2014 at 01:08 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-26-2014, 03:03 PM   #10
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 596 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 3113

That splains it Lucy!

Axxe55 Likes This