Now, this gives me a chapped butt
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Now, this gives me a chapped butt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Now, this gives me a chapped butt

I was going into MY farm, in MY truck, with MY firearms. A young State Trooper pulls up behind my truck while it is sitting off the side of the road with the flashers on, while I'm out opening the gate. He walked up to MY truck looked inside, and saw 2 AR's and my 1911.
"Why do you have those weapons"? Because it is my right under the 2nd A.
"Are they registered"? Yes
"May I check the serial numbers"? No, you may not.
"May I see some ID? Drivers license a CCW permit handed over.
"Are they loaded"? The rifles aren't, the Pistol is.
"May I check the Rifles"? No, you may not.
I had enough. I told him to call the Sargent, and get him over there if he needed any thing else. I am within my rights and doing nothing wrong and do not need any more BS. He walked back to his car, I got in my truck and drove through the gate, closed and locked it. He sat there for a few minutes talking to someone and left. Guess I'm on his $hit list now. I called Josh and blasted him over it. He said he would check on WTF was going on.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Am I safe to assume that you and Josh have the same last name? (never know these days) Anyhoo, I doubt you have trouble with this guy again. Maybe you should set up a dinner meet or do lunch? lol

On another note, did you ever find out what blew-up in your brush pile? If you have already posted the info, forgive me. I have not come across the reason yet.

Stay legal, and stay safe!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:34 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

See what happens when you won't sell me THE DUCK!!!!

How much for that damn duck man?!?!?

Seriously, was this kid fresh out of the academy or something? Heard about evil black rifles being taken to Mexico and thought he had the Gun Runner of the Year Collar all locked up when he saw you?? Did you get any type of explanation??

Are you going to call his office and report his badge number?? Probably not, as you are a good guy, but I definitely would have thought about it.

What a pr1ck.....

But I still want that duck!! *grabby hands*

JD

Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb13 View Post
I was going into MY farm, in MY truck, with MY firearms. A young State Trooper pulls up behind my truck while it is sitting off the side of the road with the flashers on, while I'm out opening the gate. He walked up to MY truck looked inside, and saw 2 AR's and my 1911.
"Why do you have those weapons"? Because it is my right under the 2nd A.
"Are they registered"? Yes
"May I check the serial numbers"? No, you may not.
"May I see some ID? Drivers license a CCW permit handed over.
"Are they loaded"? The rifles aren't, the Pistol is.
"May I check the Rifles"? No, you may not.
I had enough. I told him to call the Sargent, and get him over there if he needed any thing else. I am within my rights and doing nothing wrong and do not need any more BS. He walked back to his car, I got in my truck and drove through the gate, closed and locked it. He sat there for a few minutes talking to someone and left. Guess I'm on his $hit list now. I called Josh and blasted him over it. He said he would check on WTF was going on.
This is BULLSH!T... That azzhole had no cause or reason to harrass you. Doesn't that MotherFukker have anything better to do??? I don't know what it is with state troopers... they all seem to be bored to death.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:45 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I hope LEOs realize that when the Obama Youth get geared up, they will be replaced.

Seriously, stop f*****g with the citizenry. Unles Bobby is head to toe in gang tats, with big chrome rims on the truck.

What's the story with the duck, anyhow?

Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

JD, don't forget that Josh is LEO. I don't think that rook will ever make the same mistake. Bobby has it wrapped up. I just wish he'd tell us what blew-up in his brush pile.

There's always something goin' on with bobby. He's one of those guys like my dad, you can't slow 'em down.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:50 PM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I've asked the brushfire question multiple times. Something's shady here. Hmmm.....

Old 03-31-2009, 09:53 PM   #8

Default Skull

My most sincere apologies. Someone already hit the reason. PROPANE tank that was on a old grill that was under the pile, when some dumb A$$ started piling brush on it. Total FU on fat Bob's part. ME that is. John D. Please PM me your shipping addy, and don't ask no questions.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
What's the story with the duck, anyhow?
Are you kidding?? Look at it! It's mesmerizing. That duck is talking to me and he has plans for the New World of Duckness. Must have the DUCK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
JD, don't forget that Josh is LEO. I don't think that rook will ever make the same mistake.
I am not forgetting, but occassionally a report through official channels is needed to get some folks attention that might not otherwise care....

JD

Old 04-01-2009, 03:35 AM   #10

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Dang Bobby, you can't seem to get a break can ya'? I'm glad to hear you recovered alright and also glad you got out of your most recent situation without any trouble. What state do you live in?

When my dad got his AR in the eighties he got it in New Albany, IN at a local gunstore. He was surprised when the gunstore clerk handed him the rifle to carry out of the store without putting it in a box. He said he was for sure that LEO's would stop him and ask him about it because he parked his car 4 blocks away in a parking garage but they never bothered him. Of course, this is Indiana.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380