Notes From Around The Shop - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Notes From Around The Shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3492 Times on 1613 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Can't say for certain on the caliber there cpt, because I didn't ask for clarification at the time. We were both busy and the shop was a mad house, so the conversation went on over an hour with several "interruptions" from the paying customers.

I have always liked the shorter throw bolts with the three lugs, I think it is just a safer, and more efficient, platform. Plus for the sniper community it will make reloads a breeze.

Apparently there are open trials in about 2 months at some "to be disclosed" location. Supposedly there are three top companies that are applying for the contract with the "inside track". One of them is a small production house, believe it or not, that is making a rifle package on the Surgeon Rifle actions. I don't know if you have priced them, but I don't know how they are going to make any money on that contract with that base price for the action. I can't see the US Military shelling out $5K/per unit on sniper rifles - even if they are the best thing out there..... *shrug*

I guess time will tell. If I get some more intel, I will let you guys know. I am pretty excited to see how this new package does at the tests. My 'Smith isn't easy to impress and he told me that this is one hell of a nice package from end to end.