Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Note to self, AH SH&T (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/note-self-ah-sh-t-10813/)

bobbyb13 02-11-2009 05:58 PM

Note to self, AH SH&T

Do not leave .22 short in pocket to be thrown in dryer. Tears up wifes drawers. Which gets my A$$ tore up.

hillbilly68 02-11-2009 07:16 PM

Not the best way to tear up the wife's drawers. :D

I always get myself in trouble with gun oil. Women have a built in hound-dog sense of smell when it comes to it, and it always seems to set them off :eek:

mr1911 02-11-2009 07:32 PM

Don't feel bad,.....your not the first to leave a 22 in your pocket,.......probably not the last either:D

mr1911 02-11-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly68 (Post 70298)
I always get myself in trouble with gun oil. Women have a built in hound-dog sense of smell when it comes to it, and it always seems to set them off :eek:

My experience with women is that there are MORE things that set them off, than don't! :mad:

c3shooter 02-11-2009 10:32 PM

In the category of "Don''t try this at home", had picked up a small tin of .22 rim-fire TEARGAS cartridges for my cartridge collection. Unobserved by yours truly, one escaped the confines of the tin, and in a break for freedom wound up in the carpet. While struggling to make it's way out of the carpet, it was assisted unwittingly by my lady, running over it with an upright vacuum cleaner. Not only did the primer pop, releasing the tiny charge of CN teargas, but the vacuum effect sucked it into the bag, where it was spread throughout the house in a matter of seconds.

Do that once, and 30 years later, you will still be hearing about it!:eek:

dragunovsks 02-12-2009 12:06 AM

My wife hates it when I use Birchwood Casey Gunscrubber, an airisole liquid scrubber. She hates the smell of it, of course gasoline nearly makes her sick.

Also, we burn trash to save money, I tell her that anything that won't burn (like steel cans and glass) needs to go in a separate bin to be dumped in the trash at her dad's cause he has trash pickup. I went out one night and dumped a bag of paper in the steel barrel light it off and stepped back. She failed to tell me that she had emptied a hairspray can and put it in the trash. It went off while I was putting a straggler in the barrel to burn, nearly blew my hand off and I **** my pants. She came outside because she heard what sounded like a shotgun blast.

Chester 02-12-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyb13 (Post 70267)
Do not leave .22 short in pocket to be thrown in dryer. Tears up wifes drawers. Which gets my A$$ tore up.

I don't suppose you have a link, Or better a video.

MrKimber 02-14-2009 03:52 AM

I grew up in the sticks and we burned our trash as well in a barrel shot full of holes, and I remember the hair spray cans, wow, they can pop. But the worst was a half empty red spray paint can that was tossed because the spray nozzle broke off. When it went off it made me polkadotted with red dods, they stain you know. :eek:

spittinfire 02-14-2009 02:02 PM

This whole thread has made me laugh and after seeing the porkulus bill passed I needed it.

canebrake 02-14-2009 02:09 PM

Funny how something like a burn barrel brings back memories! Thanks all!