Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Noodling...catfish......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 111 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Default Noodling...catfish......

I was on...YOUTUBE...Watching these guy's Noodling for Big #ss Catfish...What the hell,putting your hand in a hole at the bottom of the river...One guy lost a finger....Some of them had some nice fish but if you got to put your hand in a hole at the bottom of the river,the fish can just stay their in the river....Them dudes are a little crazy if you ask me.....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Man we was noodling before it was called that. It was just an easy way to catch catfish for us. We had a creek that dried up in the summer. So as it started to dry up we would find the deep holes that held catfish dive in grab them and swim back up and toss them to someone on the bank.

It is really fun. We could see them when we did it.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Man we was noodling before it was called that. It was just an easy way to catch catfish for us. We had a creek that dried up in the summer. So as it started to dry up we would find the deep holes that held catfish dive in grab them and swim back up and toss them to someone on the bank.

It is really fun. We could see them when we did it.
Son, if you can see 'em...that ain't noodlin'....

Catfish Noodling

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #4

IGETEVEN...Your from Oklahoma....That's where they do that crazy sh#t....I guess you see that all the time??...Crazzy way to FISH...I must say.......

Old 04-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I think people have to be nuts to do it. What happens when you stick your arm in a hole full of snakes?

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 04-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #6

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Don't they taste muddy?? We have two types of catfish here; Eastern catfish and Western; one species from either side of the Great Dividing Range. Eastern catfish come from rivers with a sandy or rocky bottom and are beautiful to eat but the Western catty's come from rivers with mud bottoms and taste like sh!te.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4462 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Don't they taste muddy?? We have two types of catfish here; Eastern catfish and Western; one species from either side of the Great Dividing Range. Eastern catfish come from rivers with a sandy or rocky bottom and are beautiful to eat but the Western catty's come from rivers with mud bottoms and taste like sh!te.
depends on if you know how to cook em and clean em. its the fat that tastes like poo. the bigger the fish the more old fat it has. i catch catfish up here out of the fox river most folk think im crazy. but they can get pretty damn big since im about the only one that keeps em. anyway for the big ones trim the fat off soak in buttermilk then salt pepper cornmeal and fry em up. better than walleye bass or trout.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Guess I don't know how to clean em. In my experience they taste muddy from muddy rivers. I'd also wonder about grabbing a turtle. Or being grabbed.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4462 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Guess I don't know how to clean em. In my experience they taste muddy from muddy rivers. I'd also wonder about grabbing a turtle. Or being grabbed.
its the turtles that are the real danger. they tend to not let go for quite a while. peeps drown from doing that, grabd a turtle he grabs back and they can hold their breath a LOT longer than you can

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #10

Turtle soup is tasty as well..We baited hooks that where on a flat piece of plywood and when the turtles crawled on the hooks they can't move....Frog legs do taste like chicken...yum..Out-in a flat john boat with a wooden paddle and a flashlight...Shine the light in their eye's and hit them with the wooden paddle...We where kids on a lake doing kid stuff...good old days....Bass rolled in cornmeal and deepfryed or put on the BBQ grill in tinfoil and some butter..yum...Cooking class 101....