Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A noob's guide to motorcycling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 03:32 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
I do disagree with #8 as well. That's no fun at all.
Last years gap drip with friends.... good time, good times.
YouTube - ‪Deals Gap 2010‬‏
Ah yes, the Dragon's Tail. Number 8 is for the noobs, with bikes you have to walk before you can run. Sorry about your injury. How's it now?

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #22

Liked 111 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 229

DEAL'S GAP...The Dragon's Tail...in Tennessee/North Carolina state line......That's one WILD PLACE.....Averge daily traffic death's 400 vehicles in 2002....in only 11.2 miles of road....Check-Out on ..YOUTUBE...some of the Crash's .....There are Motorcycles up in the tree's and rapped around guard rail's....on real......That road twist down around that Mountain like the Devils Tail waiting for it's next soul to take..........When you look off the side of that road,you see pieces of cars and motorcycles down the side and can;t tell what it is......I was there-in 2003 on our way to the Beach in South Caroline.....ONE WILD PLACE....

Old 06-28-2011, 12:04 AM   #23

Liked 619 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
Ah yes, the Dragon's Tail. Number 8 is for the noobs, with bikes you have to walk before you can run. Sorry about your injury. How's it now?
I'm good now for the most part. No worse than before anyway. Just gives me an excuse when I forget stuff.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

ATGATT

All the gear all the time.

I get some grief for this one at work, but even when I'm just going to lunch, it's helmet, gloves, jacket. You never know when some bimbo on a cell phone or some blue-hair with the reactions of a comatose tree sloth is going to ruin your ride, your day, or your life. Whether you're running to the corner for a lotto ticket, or running Deal's Gap, all the gear, all the time.

And seriously, no helmet just means you are waiting for natural selection to take its course.

BTW, not aimed at you jester, just a blanket statement. I broke my own rule yesterday. I was helping a buddy move, and we ran out of room for his bike. So I rode it to the new house, no helmet, no jacket - shorts and a t-shirt. I was thinking to myself that if I saw some guy doing what I was doing, I'd have a ton of crap to say about it.

Last edited by russ; 06-28-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:03 AM   #25

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Also remember. That smokin hot chick with the cool Tramp stamp and the spider monkeys tattooed on her shoulder blades is going to get old saggy and wrinkly.

When she is sixty her tramp stamp will be on the bottom of whats left of her ass and the spider monkeys will look like the opened the Ark of the Covenant in Raiders of the lost ark. If your lucky they will then just look like two lizards.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:42 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
I'm good now for the most part. No worse than before anyway. Just gives me an excuse when I forget stuff.
Lol at least you got something out of it.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:44 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
DEAL'S GAP...The Dragon's Tail...in Tennessee/North Carolina state line......That's one WILD PLACE.....Averge daily traffic death's 400 vehicles in 2002....in only 11.2 miles of road....Check-Out on ..YOUTUBE...some of the Crash's .....There are Motorcycles up in the tree's and rapped around guard rail's....on real......That road twist down around that Mountain like the Devils Tail waiting for it's next soul to take..........When you look off the side of that road,you see pieces of cars and motorcycles down the side and can;t tell what it is......I was there-in 2003 on our way to the Beach in South Caroline.....ONE WILD PLACE....
A buddy of mine has a few parts on the tree of shame.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Also remember. That smokin hot chick with the cool Tramp stamp and the spider monkeys tattooed on her shoulder blades is going to get old saggy and wrinkly.

When she is sixty her tramp stamp will be on the bottom of whats left of her ass and the spider monkeys will look like the opened the Ark of the Covenant in Raiders of the lost ark. If your lucky they will then just look like two lizards.
I can't describe how right you are. I've rode with a group with me being the youngest. One woman was so wrinkly that I thought the snake tattoo on her neck was the Loc Ness Monster.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:11 AM   #29

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

As my cousin Marty said, "These young babes get a tattoo of a puppy on the top of their boob, it's real cute. They don't think about in twenty years it's going to look like a basset hound."
ps Today I had reinforced the fact that loud pipes don't really register til they're on by you. If you're relying on them to save your life, rethink your riding plan.

Last edited by freefall; 06-30-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:36 AM   #30
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

From someone who rides a bike and also drives trucks, just stay away from them as much as possible, in a truck I have blind spots that could hide a full size pick up, without a trailer... I CAN'T SEE YOU as much as I want to, I just can't. A guy in Salt Lake City got run over by the rear wheels of a trailer a week or so ago, my guess is that truck driver had no idea he was even there.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 06-30-2011 at 06:38 AM.