Non Christmas Christmas Music
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Non Christmas Christmas Music

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Default Non Christmas Christmas Music

Now that the 24/7 Christmas music season is upon us, I posted about the subject at my blog.

What non Christmas Christmas music are you tired of hearing? What Christmas music is the worst you've ever heard? What should never be played again?

9x18=Makarov

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I apologize for derailing this right from the get-go, but I'm going to open a vein if I receive another e-mail featuring that "It's how you dance in the rain" crap.
If I ever drive halfway across the country with a BB gun, a roll of duct tape, a wig and a raincoat all while wearing adult diapers, it's going to be because of that shizznit!

Old 12-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #3

I, personally, hate all of the Christmas music that is being played... with the exception of "Merry Christmas From the Family" by Robert Earl Keen.

(Sorry for taking the thread into a U-turn, but it does infact answer the question.)

Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American.

~ George S. Patton (1944)

Old 12-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

All of it gets OLD after awhile. What really pisses me off is that the retailers start putting this crap out in October!

Old 12-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I love the 80's, and it was the last great decade for music. That said, I could sleep soundly for eternity without ever again hearing:

1) Last Christmas by Wham!- It's like syrup wrapped in confectioners sugar rolled in honey and dipped in Sweet n Low. Then jammed in your ear.

2) Do they know it's Christmas by all of Englands important artists- Some may still find this socially relevant, I do not. And I hate Bono.

On the other hand, Christmas Rappings by The Waitresses was 80's New Wave/ Punk at it's best.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

All Christmas music should be banned. Along with a lot of today's "Artists" period, but that is for another thread... LOL

Baring that, all Christmas music should not be allowed to be played until the 2 weeks prior to the actual day of the event. That's it - you get two weeks of that happy, snow filled wonderland family lovefest, and then your done.

Penalty to violation of said 14 day window would vary by offense, but I am not above putting the death penalty on the table for large scale stores that use subliminal feel good notes to make you buy more crap.

I am sure today's commercialized version was EXACTLY what the original intentions ( whomever you choose to believe was the reason ) were for the day... LOL

If have to hear "It's Lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you" another God D@mn time I will probably be on the news about the guy in the bell tower with the high powered rifle. Really? "Lovely weather"? Who talks like that and still has a penis?! And who rides around in a sleigh? Your not Santa you fruitcake....

JD

Old 12-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I love the 80's, and it was the last great decade for music. That said, I could sleep soundly for eternity without ever again hearing:

1) Last Christmas by Wham!- It's like syrup wrapped in confectioners sugar rolled in honey and dipped in Sweet n Low. Then jammed in your ear.

2) Do they know it's Christmas by all of Englands important artists- Some may still find this socially relevant, I do not. And I hate Bono.

On the other hand, Christmas Rappings by The Waitresses was 80's New Wave/ Punk at it's best.
Quoted for Truth right there....I want to punch Bono right in the throat.

Everything WHAM related should be purged from the planet....They were just ear raping every red blooded male in the 80's.....Criminals.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I sometimes listen to Wham while cuddling my dog Precious, staring into the well in my basement, and screaming "It rubs the lotion on it's skin."

Looking forward to your thread about today's artists, Mr. D.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post

Looking forward to your thread about today's artists, Mr. D.
It would probably get me a three day ban.... LOL

Old 12-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #10

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I don't care don't listen to it. I just block it out with the ringing in my ears. See something good about not wearing hearing protection.