Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Non Christmas Christmas Music (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/non-christmas-christmas-music-8965/)

ScottG 12-05-2008 11:41 PM

Non Christmas Christmas Music

Now that the 24/7 Christmas music season is upon us, I posted about the subject at my blog.

What non Christmas Christmas music are you tired of hearing? What Christmas music is the worst you've ever heard? What should never be played again?

gorknoids 12-06-2008 12:05 AM

I apologize for derailing this right from the get-go, but I'm going to open a vein if I receive another e-mail featuring that "It's how you dance in the rain" crap.
If I ever drive halfway across the country with a BB gun, a roll of duct tape, a wig and a raincoat all while wearing adult diapers, it's going to be because of that shizznit!

MichaelG 12-06-2008 02:46 AM

I, personally, hate all of the Christmas music that is being played... with the exception of "Merry Christmas From the Family" by Robert Earl Keen.

(Sorry for taking the thread into a U-turn, but it does infact answer the question.)

Mark F 12-06-2008 11:38 AM

All of it gets OLD after awhile. What really pisses me off is that the retailers start putting this crap out in October!

Benning Boy 12-08-2008 03:30 PM

I love the 80's, and it was the last great decade for music. That said, I could sleep soundly for eternity without ever again hearing:

1) Last Christmas by Wham!- It's like syrup wrapped in confectioners sugar rolled in honey and dipped in Sweet n Low. Then jammed in your ear.

2) Do they know it's Christmas by all of Englands important artists- Some may still find this socially relevant, I do not. And I hate Bono.

On the other hand, Christmas Rappings by The Waitresses was 80's New Wave/ Punk at it's best.

Dillinger 12-08-2008 03:42 PM

All Christmas music should be banned. Along with a lot of today's "Artists" period, but that is for another thread... LOL

Baring that, all Christmas music should not be allowed to be played until the 2 weeks prior to the actual day of the event. That's it - you get two weeks of that happy, snow filled wonderland family lovefest, and then your done.

Penalty to violation of said 14 day window would vary by offense, but I am not above putting the death penalty on the table for large scale stores that use subliminal feel good notes to make you buy more crap.

I am sure today's commercialized version was EXACTLY what the original intentions ( whomever you choose to believe was the reason ) were for the day... LOL

If have to hear "It's Lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you" another God D@mn time I will probably be on the news about the guy in the bell tower with the high powered rifle. Really? "Lovely weather"? Who talks like that and still has a penis?! And who rides around in a sleigh? Your not Santa you fruitcake....

JD

Dillinger 12-08-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 54656)
I love the 80's, and it was the last great decade for music. That said, I could sleep soundly for eternity without ever again hearing:

1) Last Christmas by Wham!- It's like syrup wrapped in confectioners sugar rolled in honey and dipped in Sweet n Low. Then jammed in your ear.

2) Do they know it's Christmas by all of Englands important artists- Some may still find this socially relevant, I do not. And I hate Bono.

On the other hand, Christmas Rappings by The Waitresses was 80's New Wave/ Punk at it's best.

Quoted for Truth right there....I want to punch Bono right in the throat.

Everything WHAM related should be purged from the planet....They were just ear raping every red blooded male in the 80's.....Criminals.

Benning Boy 12-08-2008 04:41 PM

I sometimes listen to Wham while cuddling my dog Precious, staring into the well in my basement, and screaming "It rubs the lotion on it's skin."

Looking forward to your thread about today's artists, Mr. D.:)

Dillinger 12-08-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 54673)

Looking forward to your thread about today's artists, Mr. D.:)

It would probably get me a three day ban.... LOL

cpttango30 12-08-2008 10:49 PM

I don't care don't listen to it. I just block it out with the ringing in my ears. See something good about not wearing hearing protection.