Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > No one trusts me with a gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Well, I feel your pain- when I got my FIRST Explosives License, I had to get signatures from TWENTY citizens of the Commonwealth to attest to my character.

As far as gun laws in other states, well, I am here in VA. I plan to go shopping today- running thru the on line used inventory for local dealer, he has nice older Colt Official Police, 2 incher, 38 Spec- listed for right at $300. Think I can get him down a bit for cash.

I plan to go buy that gun this morning. And take delivery- this morning. And be on the range with it this afternoon. No firearms owners card, no fingerprints, no 3 day-5 day-7 day waiting periods. And yes, I am describing a legal sale.

Dude- there is life outside new York. A lot of it. If you want to visit, Jet Blue has cheap airfare. You MAY have to get used to moving the decimal point over on most things you buy, and taxes you pay.
sounds like gun heaven, but if I cant bring them into NY its not worth it. I'll just tough it out I mean others here have done it and if all 3 gun owners in NY can do it theres still like a small drop of hope.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:24 AM   #32

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Try finding people that will vouch for you when you have a fairly serious security clearance! I met neighbors I'd otherwise never have interacted with when we started swapping interviews. Mrs. Noids was legitimately pissed off the day she picked up the phone and Special Agent So-and-So wanted to talk to me. She had no idea, and never will.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:40 AM   #33

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My god. I didn't have to go through half that bulls**t when I went through my TS/SSBI (top secret clearance security investigation) for my current job. And here in Nevada, I don't need anyone to vouch for me when I purchase a gun. In Clark County we are required to have a "Blue card," a.k.a. hand gun registration. Clark County is the only one in Nevada to require that. BUT once you have it, there isn't a 3-day waiting period to buy successive hand guns. Just fill out the paperwork, a quick phone call and out of the store you go with your hand gun. If you've got a CCW, even the phone call (background check) is waived. Rifles, including AR-15, AK-47 and any other military surplus weapon, involve no waiting period. You walk out of the store with it the same day.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
My god. I didn't have to go through half that bulls**t when I went through my TS/SSBI (top secret clearance security investigation) for my current job. And here in Nevada, I don't need anyone to vouch for me when I purchase a gun. In Clark County we are required to have a "Blue card," a.k.a. hand gun registration. Clark County is the only one in Nevada to require that. BUT once you have it, there isn't a 3-day waiting period to buy successive hand guns. Just fill out the paperwork, a quick phone call and out of the store you go with your hand gun. If you've got a CCW, even the phone call (background check) is waived. Rifles, including AR-15, AK-47 and any other military surplus weapon, involve no waiting period. You walk out of the store with it the same day.

all the other states have it so easy, and to add salt to the wound I just found out that I can only have 5! handguns. Not just that but in order to own gun I have to: 1. purchase gun record serial #, 2. go to county clerk hand in serial # pay fee and they hand me a coupon, 3. go back to dealer to tell him I am able to wait the 3 days to pick up. The more I learn the more I hate this state.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #35

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
all the other states have it so easy, and to add salt to the wound I just found out that I can only have 5! handguns. Not just that but in order to own gun I have to: 1. purchase gun record serial #, 2. go to county clerk hand in serial # pay fee and they hand me a coupon, 3. go back to dealer to tell him I am able to wait the 3 days to pick up. The more I learn the more I hate this state.

and what's the crime like in new york? How many registered gun owners are committing these crimes? Give NY back to england.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
and what's the crime like in new york? How many registered gun owners are committing these crimes? Give NY back to england.
lol the law makers act as if I wanted to kill someone that I would fill out all these papers just for a murder. Thats like leaving your contact information at the scene of the crime. They should make getting the pistol permit so easy that even the criminals feel its ok to apply; that way the government can keep an eye on them. Guns arent the problem in NY, its illegal guns and the people carrying them. Theres a project complex about 2 blocks away from me where this gang has been rising, and in the middle of the night they come out to play with their guns. How are citizens suppose to protect themselves from that when their own government denys them the protection.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:05 AM   #37

you realize that this is the internet and anyone can read what you just posted right? I'm all for free speech, but sometimes discretion should be exercised.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #38

i'm not putting you down. not in any way. all i'm saying is do you trust that corrupt government to allow you those rights?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #39

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

A 5 gun limit? I'd say it's time to move out of Westchester Co.. My brother gave up on getting his permit due to the invasive and intrusive requirements. I tell him the same thing - get the fu^k out of that Liberal haven of anti-gun a$$holes - for what you pay in taxes to live there, the county gov't, should be bending over backwards to please you, not stripping you of your GOD-GIVEN right to self-defense

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-12-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
A 5 gun limit? I'd say it's time to move out of Westchester Co.. My brother gave up on getting his permit due to the invasive and intrusive requirements. I tell him the same thing - get the fu^k out of that Liberal haven of anti-gun a$$holes - for what you pay in taxes to live there, the county gov't, should be bending over backwards to please you, not stripping you of your GOD-GIVEN right to self-defense
Yeah I almost gave up but I cant let them win. After my target shooting permit I think I'm going to walk through a few ghettos and get beat up so that I qualify for a carry permit lol.