No one trusts me with a gun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > No one trusts me with a gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default No one trusts me with a gun?

So I need 4 references to hand in the rest of my Permit paper work over here in westchester county. The referncees must live in the county, now Ido all my hanging out in the city for the last 6 yrs but kept contact with some friends from highschool. All of a sudden nobody wants do be a reference to me. Im not a bad person one time I held the door open for this old lady who was like a mile away and walking like she was hauling 2 tons, but I held it open anyways. Can anyone give me some advice on how to persuade them? the force isnt working as much as i hoped it would....too strong minded they are.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The people who are best for personal recommendations are those you work with, your religious leader, your doctor, close personal friends and those you have a professional relationship with.

If they are reluctant to recommend that you should have a carry permit, perhaps you shouldn't have one!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

You should try getting references from people who already have their permits.

Maybe your friends have been brainwashed by Nobama.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
You should try getting references from people who already have their permits.

Maybe your friends have been brainwashed by Nobama.
they are no friends of mine those nobama lackies, i guess im just gonna have to go out and make some new friends........do people still hang out at the drive in? lol

Old 05-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
they are no friends of mine those nobama lackies, i guess im just gonna have to go out and make some new friends........do people still hang out at the drive in? lol

I think I"d look for new friends at a shooting range. Like minded so to speak.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I read crap like this and I thank GOD I live in a state that is pro-gun.

+1 on making some friends at the local range (if local regulations haven't run them all out of business).

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 05-03-2009, 02:41 AM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Seriously, if I had to get references for carry or ownership, I would have no prob. Did those you asked state why they would not back you? Maybe they are trying to tell you something without actually saying the words.

6 years grounded and you can't come up with 4 people who would stand up next to you...

Old landlords, co-workers, bosses, bros of girlfriends, fathers of old girlfriends, lady that makes gas pump go, neighbors, dudes at the bar, bartender, skank you took home one night from the bar, bookie, dude you bought riding mower from, used car salesman, dog walker you see everyday...the list goes on. How's 'bout the gal that takes your pic at BMV for a 20 spot? $20.00 x 4 = $80.00.

I'm just sayin'...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Seriously, if I had to get references for carry or ownership, I would have no prob. Did those you asked state why they would not back you? Maybe they are trying to tell you something without actually saying the words.

6 years grounded and you can't come up with 4 people who would stand up next to you...

Old landlords, co-workers, bosses, bros of girlfriends, fathers of old girlfriends, lady that makes gas pump go, neighbors, dudes at the bar, bartender, skank you took home one night from the bar, bookie, dude you bought riding mower from, used car salesman, dog walker you see everyday...the list goes on. How's 'bout the gal that takes your pic at BMV for a 20 spot? $20.00 x 4 = $80.00.

I'm just sayin'...
1st......how do you know about my lawn mower? thing is I socialize in NY city, I'm antisocial when it comes to my neighborhood. As for why they wouldnt back me, "god forbid you shoot someone I dont want to have them hounding me" and my favorite "only government officials should have guns." I basically took both of them as a spit in the face, but I guess i'm gonna have no choice but to bribe some people to be my friends........how pitiful....

Old 05-03-2009, 03:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
I read crap like this and I thank GOD I live in a state that is pro-gun.

+1 on making some friends at the local range (if local regulations haven't run them all out of business).
funny you should say that because a new range opened up last week I found it weird that they didnt sell or fix or rent guns, but some how they got shut down within 3 days. FAUKin NY makes me sick.......if it wasnt for the women I'd move out.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:31 AM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
1st......how do you know about my lawn mower? thing is I socialize in NY city, I'm antisocial when it comes to my neighborhood. As for why they wouldnt back me, "god forbid you shoot someone I dont want to have them hounding me" and my favorite "only government officials should have guns." I basically took both of them as a spit in the face, but I guess i'm gonna have no choice but to bribe some people to be my friends........how pitiful....
Never mind 'bout the lawn mower...

Thing is that you socialize in the wrong places. I am sure that the references can not be held liable for your crime unless they know something that you don't want authorities to know.

Obviously, the people you know think that you are capable of doing wrong with a firearm. Remember, guns don't commit crimes, people do with or without guns.

Keep in mind that as I post this, I am in no way advocating bribery. I was initially attempting to be humorous, but it is apparent to me that your ability to recognize such is possibly suspect.

I hope that you find your legal solution so that you can adequately defend yourself and your family should such a need arise.

SC

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Newest Threads