A no-firearm project . . . sad but true
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A no-firearm project . . . sad but true

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2021 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 6020

Default A no-firearm project . . . sad but true

Been busy working on a bunch of other stuff, less time for this forum

We decided to move the garden to a new spot in the spring. I have started to prepare the new plot but needed a new tool!

And a new tool can build more tools!

We are on the border of valley loam and glacial till. I have both.

I needed to get the rocks out of the garden area so we can rototill each year.

I built the grizzly with my new Lincoln Electric WeldPak 125 HD Flux Core Wire Feed Welder (the new tool!) .. ...

A few shots
l1080561.jpg   l1080560.jpg   1378412_674744829211526_982782133_n.jpg  

Last edited by KG7IL; 10-24-2013 at 02:28 AM.
rockratt Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #2

Liked 876 Times on 562 Posts
Likes Given: 1008

How do you like the welder? Ive been thinking of getting one of those... Have you welded any sheet metal? (All the welders I have are too big!! )

Old 10-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #3

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2021 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 6020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
How do you like the welder? Ive been thinking of getting one of those... Have you welded any sheet metal? (All the welders I have are too big!! )
I don't have the gas kit yet, but like the flux core wire feed.
Since I hadn't welded since high school (well .. a little stick welding last year), not much to complain about.

Maturity seems to have helped, even with no practice. I suppose it's patience and a better understanding of the process. Didn't say that I didn't study it, just no practice.

Everthing that I have done with the Weld-Pak has been 3/16 to 1/4 mild steel. No sheet metal yet. Don't even have a project possibility in mind.

Most of my planned use is to fix tractor implements that I am too rough on.
I welded the split weldings on the rotary cuttyer deck, the spindle on my rake and the most interesting, replacement pins that hold the rake tines.

I selected this unit based on a relatives 'Weld-Pak' recommendation and the fact that this particular unit was $300 as a returned/refurbished unit at a Home Depot. Seemed like enough of a good deal for now.