No Bankers Left Behind - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > No Bankers Left Behind

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Bailout failed. Disaster averted...
For now. Pelosi and Reid won't give up easily. They will come back with another proposal.

Quote:
but what does THIS mean? I r confoozeled.
Good question. Maybe 1929 redux, maybe nothing much at all (as far as we're concerned).

Old 09-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musket View Post
ditto.

I am furious that they continue, despite vocal opposition from constituents. Legislators have long given the public a collective pat on the head "we know better than the little sheeples", but this is a new low.

If I were in office, and my phone and email was being flooded with NO WAY!!!!!! by the majority of my constituents, you better believe that I would take notice.

I have to say that I really do not feel that this bailout will be the big panacea they believe it to be.

I hope I am wrong--but I am looking at buying bullion this week to hedge what is left of my money. (my 401k just got sucked down the toliet, and my CDs are not making any notable interest).

shall we start a pool on which bank/business will fail next?
DITTO. My 401K isn't worth the toilet water it sits in. 10 year CD's aren't making squat...

Old 09-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here's how the vote went down. They need 13 more Aye's to get it on round two, which is expected to be Thursday.

http://www.supportedthebailout.com/Rollcall-674.htm

Old 09-30-2008, 10:57 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Hopefully, the bailout will go bust this Friday...

Old 09-30-2008, 11:03 PM   #15

Well I am amazed at how little people have paid attention to the government and their lying BS even with all of this going on .

Back on the 18th or so they started with this garbage of how they just had to have all of this crap pass by Monday or businesses wouldn't be able to make their payroll obligations yada yada BS .

Well we made it through last week just fine and of course come about Thursday they started the exact same crap they had the week before .

It just had to pass , they would be having midnight sessions to make sure it did or all the doom and gloom would hit when the markets opened on Monday the 29th .

Well it didn't and here we are and Tuesday is almost history and the sky hasn't fallen for anyone but some of the Bankers who made the bad loans .

Old 10-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #16
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Well I am amazed at how little people have paid attention to the government and their lying BS even with all of this going on .
Yes, exactly! Granted, much of the information was not easily available and the news media didn't really cover it until everything blew up. But this is dry stuff and people are far too distracted with trivial nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Back on the 18th or so they started with this garbage of how they just had to have all of this crap pass by Monday or businesses wouldn't be able to make their payroll obligations yada yada BS .

Well we made it through last week just fine and of course come about Thursday they started the exact same crap they had the week before .

It just had to pass , they would be having midnight sessions to make sure it did or all the doom and gloom would hit when the markets opened on Monday the 29th .

Well it didn't and here we are and Tuesday is almost history and the sky hasn't fallen for anyone but some of the Bankers who made the bad loans .
Right again! The people who played a big role in making bad decisions were wrong again.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not sure which thread someone mentioned this in, but I checked my 401K and it is down only $1300 for the month. It blows, but someone said they lost half? I'd murder kittens if I lost half.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
I'd murder kittens if I lost half.
I'd murder kittens for a hell of a lot less than that. As a matter of fact, I just had a conversation with my General Field Foreman this morning, ray of sunshine that he always is, and I am ready to murder him AND a box of kittens just to get through the morning.....

JD

Old 10-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The market is down 15% just in the last week since the bailout, which was essentially the nuclear option that was supposed to save everyone's 401K's.

This morning pre-market there was a global .50 basis point coordinated rate cut. The markets turned positive for about 20 minutes, and futures are now down big. This is really bad. I was previously optimistic that we saw the bottom yesterday, but now there is a good chance we see a real crash.

Time to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #20

Asian markets took a serious beating last night, and the fed moved to an emergency rate cut this morning (in concert with global banks doing the same). Seems the Fed is honestly spooked.

Today is going to be a wild ride. Bad enough we closed down 508 on the Dow last night.

So lets see if the people believe the actions of last night will help. (keeping my fingers crossed it goes up, but I am not very optimistic).

My retirement and investments are killing me. At this rate I am going to need to work until I am 153.