Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   NH sovereignty, more states possible? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/nh-sovereignty-more-states-possible-12256/)

supergus 03-26-2009 11:02 PM

NH sovereignty, more states possible?

Good video of Glen Beck:

dunerunner 03-26-2009 11:24 PM

Misses GB this afternoon, thanks for the post!! Very interesting stuff going on right now.

mrm14 03-26-2009 11:51 PM

California declaired sovereignty under the 10th Amendment this morning. So far I believe 20 States have done this.

SGT-MILLER 03-27-2009 12:00 AM

Montana is one of the states declaring sovereignty also.

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the state of Montana against all enemies foreign and domestic."

P.S. That is part of the oath of enlistment when joining the MT Guard (Air and Army).

McNabb11b 03-27-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 87455)
Montana is one of the states declaring sovereignty also.

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the state of Montana against all enemies foreign and domestic."

P.S. That is part of the oath of enlistment when joining the MT Guard (Air and Army).

That is one of the things that originally attracted me to the guard.

WDB 03-27-2009 01:27 AM

I'll hold my thoughts but no state has sovereignty that I can find. Yes some mouth peices have said the great state of blabla has claimed sovereignty but there are no states that I could find that are not accepting federal/national $$$. No state that has requested the removal of the US military or other federal goverment departments (FBI, NCI, ATF, DEA, Fema or SSI) in there soverent state. So much about nothing, at best shock jocks claiming sovereignty to whip up ratings.

Making it simple I will believe a state has claimed sovereignty when they give up the the few things I mentioned above and I expect there are several hundred other services I didn't mention.

Enough of the hype show me something or shut up. Sovereignty show it in action, it isn't more than a rant.

SGT-MILLER 03-27-2009 01:58 AM

All states are sovereign according to the Constitution (10th Amendment). That's the whole concept behind the United States of America. These states are just re-clarifying that fact for the current administration.

They are not trying to break away from the union or anything. They are just stating what has already been in place since the Constitution first was put into effect. The current administration seems to have forgotten that.

Please don't hold your thoughts. Speak up or shut up. :)

roosterjuicer 03-27-2009 02:02 AM

i think its interesting that california has said they are sovereign because they are more dependent on the federal government than anyone else out there.

WDB 03-27-2009 02:04 AM

I guess I don't see the difference, what are they doing diffenently than other states? From what I read they are doing the same so claiming sovereignty is for media hype or does it offer a value I'm not understanding?

Speaking up:D

Cnynrat 03-27-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrm14 (Post 87449)
California declaired sovereignty under the 10th Amendment this morning. So far I believe 20 States have done this.

When California does this you have to question their motives. In the case of California it's certainly not because they are fed up with the Feds trampling individual rights. More likely, folks in Sacramento are fed up with all the unfunded mandates flowing down from D.C.